By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Nothing like a thread like this : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197650&page=23#8
to keep the forum clean , goood job mods

I'm uneasy with the fact your link lands on one of my posts 😛 probably not hard considering I make up half the thread haha . 

Cycycychris yeah and i can't open the files . I just need to know if they are safe or not 

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192189&page=1
Ok to bump?

Lately, I feel like I have been neglecting my duties. I have my own reasons for this, which I dont really want to talk about, but I would like to say sorry for my lack of good, active moderation quite recently.

that explains why the site was fun to read, no biased modding going about

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I would like to ask about the monthly Amazon threads

I started the thread in November, and as it was successful, I wanted to continue doing them. Man-bear-pig and then Teeqoz were very quick to take over the following months. I should have asked the mods earlier if I could do those threads each month, that much is clear. But why did the mods then talk to Teeqoz, and only Teeqoz, about taking over for good? Why wasn't I at least involved in the conversation, seeing as I was the one who started them?

Around the Network
celador said:
I would like to ask about the monthly Amazon threads

I started the thread in November, and as it was successful, I wanted to continue doing them. Man-bear-pig and then Teeqoz were very quick to take over the following months. I should have asked the mods earlier if I could do those threads each month, that much is clear. But why did the mods then talk to Teeqoz, and only Teeqoz, about taking over for good? Why wasn't I at least involved in the conversation, seeing as I was the one who started them?

The issue only resolved around the creation of the thread for February initially. Don had created a thread in January, whilst Teeqoz was hoping to make one for February. Naturally, I felt as though it should be up to the previous thread creator to get "first dibs", and this is something other mods agreed with. It was the first time a thread of this nature had come to our attention to my knowledge, having discussed it with other mods I believe they were in the same boat. To avoid any additional confusion, I sent a message out to Teeqoz and Don; the people whom had created the last two threads; for their opinion on the matter so that they could discuss it beforehand and come to a conclusion. After the conclusion was reached, and since the two most recent (and the only ones whom I remembered) were in the same chat, and as there were rumblings of a "Mega Thread" going around, I pitched this idea to them and they preferred a monthly thread. After that, I asked whether or not Teeqoz would be interested in continuing the threads in the long term, to avoid any additional dramas or confusions again. He said he was fine with it, and had some ideas, so that's what we went with. 

As you said, it's now February and this is the third such thread since then, so there was ample time for you to voice your opinion on the matter over the past few months if you felt "cheated" out of it (as indeed Teeqoz did, hence the issue arising in the first place). I was also unaware who it was who started the threads when I initially sent out the PM (and it being January, I assumed it was Teeqoz). My advice therefore would be to discuss the matter with Teeqoz and see if you can arrive at a conclusion. As you can probably tell, I wasn't trying to exclude anyone or "bully" people in; far from it. The simple answer is that we, or I, simply didn't know.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

as usual since you were the one who did it lin the previous incident

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Carl2291 said:
Lately, I feel like I have been neglecting my duties. I have my own reasons for this, which I dont really want to talk about, but I would like to say sorry for my lack of good, active moderation quite recently.

Well you know that one of the first things I tried to implement on the team is that fact that life comes first. No ifs, ands, or buts. Whatever life brings you, it's more important than Kirby being wrong on the internet. So you never have to apologize for that.

Secondly, it's your birthday week! You have plenty of (good) excuses to not be around.

I have another question now that I am here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7052203

I see this kind of post quite often. A user makes a comment, usually a dig at something or someone, and then says OT: ...

In this case, not only is the user making a comment that doesn't add to the conversation, but they make an admission that it is off-topic.

Do you believe this type of comment is worthy of moderation? Or does the entire comment have to be off-topic?

Edit: I see this user has already been banned for this specific post. I assume it is because of the first comment. Just to be clear, I am asking if, in general, the use of the phrase 'OT' is enough to be moderated, as it means a comment has been made that is off-topic, and moreover the user knows that themsleves and decides, in their wisdom, to point it out.

celador said:

I have another question now that I am here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7052203

I see this kind of post quite often. A user makes a dig at something or someone, and then says OT: ...

In this case, not only is the user making a comment that doesn't add to the conversation, but they make an admission that it is off-topic.

Do you believe this type of comment is worthy of moderation?

Edit: I see this user has already been banned for this specific comment. I assume it is because of the first comment. Just to be clear, I am asking if, in general, the use of the phrase 'OT' is enough to be moderated, as it means a comment has been made that is off-topic, and moreover the user knows that themsleves and decides, in their wisdom, to point it out.

I entirely depends on the comment. In that case, it was an obvious attempt at getting a rise out of users, that's why it was moderated. But there's other cases where there will be no moderation like when someone make a comment about a user's avatar or sig because they just saw it in the thread and then follow up with "OT: ....".

Signature goes here!