By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Smash 262 72.98%

Halo 97 27.02%

Total:359

Materchief collection. It's gonna sell alot of consoles to. I predict 2.7m first week. 7 m lifetime.

Around the Network

Smash Bros without a second thought.

Smash Bros, easily I think.

Halo MCC won't be as big as hoped by some people, it's just a remaster of some old games, even if they are really good old games (like Zelda WW HD, we know how that turned out).

But don't forget Little Big Planet 3, it can be big if marketed correctly. Not as big as Smash and Halo, ok, but it's still the perfect Christmas gift for kids asking for a new console.

JDemon said:
Halo on xbox one will crush smash bros on wii u
every halo fan will likely buy the MCC

oh yeah? All 10mil+ huh? XD

Smash for Wii U will sell roughly on-par with Smash for 3DS outside Japan, FW. So, we already have ~1.3 million sales. Japan will have it better than Mario Kart 8, FW. That's an additional 600k sales.

That's 1.9 million considering their respective FW.

I expect that to increase by 50% by end-2014: 2.8 or 2.9 million, depending on whether you want to round up or down.

The thing is that I expect Halo fans to buy into Halo:MCC in anticipation of the Halo 5 beta, as well as the fantastic deal the game offers. In addition, those who chase Gamerscore will dig into the game ASAP, thanks to the Gamerscore. And, you also have more people buying shooters on Xboxes.

Predicting 2.5 million end-2014.

I have no experience with Halo, though, so take that with lots of salt.

I expect Smash for Wii U to go on par or outsell Melee, lifetime.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
roborad said:

One's a new game, one's a collection of released games.

Smash will win, IMO.

But the MCC will sell well too, will probably have good legs.  Many people who buy xbox one will olikely buy halo mcc to go along with it considering how tied the two are. 

This. Also, most people who own a Wii U this early into the gen have been waiting for Smash Bros while most people who have XboxOne this early into the gen probably already have most of the previous iterations of Halo and MIGHT not buy the collection.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tbone51 said:
Mr_No said:
Obviously Halo Master Chief Collection by a country mile.

Curious, wats your prediction for each by years end?

By the year's end:

Halo Master Chief Collection - 2.7M

super smash bros wii u - 1.5M