By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Smash 262 72.98%

Halo 97 27.02%

Total:359

Obviously Halo Master Chief Collection by a country mile.

Around the Network

/delete

lifetime? smash. i hope.
but i dont expect more than 5M.

It'll be close, but I think Smash U will win in the end.

2014:
Smash: 3 million
Halo: 3 million

Lifetime:
Smash: 8 million
Halo: 6.5 million

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Halo MCC wins witbout question.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Obviously Halo Master Chief Collection by a country mile.

Curious, wats your prediction for each by years end?

A bit hard.. MCC will sell very well but it's still just a remaster. We know that while they can sell well, remasters don't light the world on first. Now yea, it's excellent value but I don't think it's the exception to the rule (unless you can tell me why? And "Because Halo" doesn't really count). I think Smash U will edge it out.

This is an interesting thread...there's people who think it'll be close, and people who think either one will win by a huge margin. Not really a general consensus anywhere XD.

I don't really think either franchise is bigger than the other, due the nature of Smash Bros. as a mascot brawler. Sales of previous titles can be argued every which way, but Smash having one iteration per console generation also makes that comparison difficult. On top of that, seeing as how both franchises have sold in the 8 million range...calling one a significantly bigger franchise seems laughable at best.

That being said, Smash Bros. being on a console with a weak install base, as well as being available on 3DS, and Halo being a remake collection puts them both at a disadvantage, so it's not like either title will reach the height of their most recent iterations. I'm going to take the safe route, and predict Halo to outsell Smash initially...but for Smash to sell for a longer period of time and eventually pass it, simply by virtue of Japanese sales, and being one of the few releases on the system. We'll see though...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Halo on xbox one will crush smash bros on wii u
every halo fan will likely buy the MCC

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary has sold 2.27m according to VGChartz.
Going by how big the Xbox 360s user base in comparison to the Xbox One, shows that Halo remakes do not set charts on fire. They sell well, but they do not sell nearly as well as brand new Halo titles.
I would think it is safe to say the the Master Chief Collection will sell more on the Xbox One, despite the lower install base.

However, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will easily outsell it.
Super Smash Bros. sells massive amounts regardless of the user base on said console. The fact that this is a brand new game also works in its favour.
I do not believe the 3DS will cut into Smash Bros. Wii U's sales. I mean, when people say that the 3DS outsells a home console, I have heard on numerous occasions people argue that home consoles and handhelds are a different market so this does not count and they should not be compared etcetera.
How come now that Super Smash Bros. has its first handheld installment and suddenly people believe this to be different? Nintendo platforms have always coexisted with one another, they do not cannibalise each other.