By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Smash 262 72.98%

Halo 97 27.02%

Total:359
fleischr said:
bubblegamer said:
Halo has the advantage seeing as it's the bigger franchise.

Brawl has more sales than any individual Halo game. Melee outsold Halo 1.

What really is the bigger franchise? The near entirety of Nintendo's 1st party mascots or Master Chief and the gang in series with declining sales?

Technically speaking Halo should be the bigger franchise overall. I mean i kno some nintendo releases are 1 per gen but still. Then again we'll have to wait and see how ssb 3ds does on hh. It could be huge lifetime. 

Around the Network

smash i hope,come on ninbots do your stuff

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Halo will win. IMO

vivster said:
jlmurph2 said:
MCC I believe. 3 week Halo 5 beta should give enough incentive for any Halo fan.

Oh, totally forgot the beta.

Then Halo.

Yup, MCC is the best value of this gen so far by far.

It would be close....if it wasn't for the Halo beta. with that included it should be a comfortable win for MCC though smash should sell well too.

Around the Network

SSB easy.

A new full SSB game vs. a collection of old Halo games? The WiiU has a larger install base and unlike TLOU:R it's not like the Xbox One has a bunch of gamers who never had a chance to play the halo games before.

I'm sure both will sell well, but I don't think it will be that close.

Edit: anyone know if there is going to be a SSB WiiU bundle?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

SSB easy.

A new full SSB game vs. a collection of old Halo games? The WiiU has a larger install base and unlike TLOU:R it's not like the Xbox One has a bunch of gamers who never had a chance to play the halo games before.

If your install base goes from 24m to over 80m, theres bound to be fans who havent played Halo 2. Which is the focus of the collection. 

I'm going with the MCC.

smash bros i guess. But both games will sell well

Favorite games of all time:

1. Halo 2

2. Uncharted 2

3. The Last of Us

4. Read Dead Redemption

5. Dark Souls

jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:

SSB easy.

If your install base goes from 24m to over 80m, theres bound to be fans who havent played Halo 2. Which is the focus of the collection. 

That's true, but Halo sales didn't really increase by much with that expansion. The Halo fanbase is really no bigger now that it was when Halo 2 came out and it's pretty likely that the MCC gets it's legs cut short once Halo 5 comes out next year.

SSB will likely do over 6 million copies when it's all said and done. Possibly more when you consider that Melee did 7 million on the gamecube and the new game is following Brawl which sold 12 million copies.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.