By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Which will sell the most: Smash Bros U or Halo Master Chief Collection?

Smash 262 72.98%

Halo 97 27.02%

Total:359

SSB, Halo is just a remake (or half a remake).

Around the Network

Hard choice.
Smash is a new game, MCC is a collection
Wii U has a bigger install base than the Xbox One
Smash is also available on the 3DS, MCC is X1 exclusive
FPS is a more popular game
MCC gives access to the H5 beta
I will go with Smash, but for very few units, Japan may give it an edge.

tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:
Halo has the advantage seeing as it's the bigger franchise.

FPS have the advantage in general. I mean we're in gen 8 which gen 7 owned the market XD

So you say. Halo outsold SSB back in gen 6 too, when "it wasn't all about FPS" like you seem to repeat.

bubblegamer said:
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:

FPS have the advantage in general. I mean we're in gen 8 which gen 7 owned the market XD

So you say. Halo outsold SSB back in gen 6 too, when "it wasn't all about FPS" like you seem to repeat.

Yeap exactly. Still point is FPS are >>>>>>>>>>>>> Fighters as they mostly declined hard last gen despite gen 7>>>>>gen 6.

Ironic though as Halo>SSB In that era (gcn+xb) and Halo<SSB last gen since it should be the other way around.

Why not accept the fact that fps dominate easy? I Mean JRPS not named FF or pokemon are very niche, same could be said now with fighting genre!

tbone51 said:

bubblegamer said:

Yeap exactly. Still point is FPS are >>>>>>>>>>>>> Fighters as they mostly declined hard last gen despite gen 7>>>>>gen 6.

Ironic though as Halo>SSB In that era (gcn+xb) and Halo

Why not accept the fact that fps dominate easy? I Mean JRPS not named FF or pokemon are very niche, same could be said now with fighting genre!

There is nothing to accept. Halo selling well has little to with it being FPS, it's just a popular game. SSB sells better than other fighters too, just because of the name and the fact it's exclusive. So i'm not sure why you keep giving why or why not. Halo is going to outsell SSB and that's that.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
tbone51 said:

bubblegamer said:

Ironic though as Halo>SSB In that era (gcn+xb) and Halo

There is nothing to accept. Halo selling well has little to with it being FPS, it's just a popular game. SSB sells better than other fighters too, just because of the name and the fact it's exclusive. So i'm not sure why you keep giving why or why not. Halo is going to outsell SSB and that's that.

did i say it was not? Lol

If you want to ignore the fps argument then go ahead. I personally dont care as they are both my favorite franchises for their respective genres. 

Like you said SSB is the biggest fighting game, but Halo isnt the biggest FPS game (though i think its #1 that isnt multiplat...) so that says something. 

Edit: Yes Halo is the biggest fps thats not multiplat franchise

Double Edit: Just so im clear, Wat i meant for the "so that says something" is the fact that a now niche genre keeping up with the most dominate one Like if a Non Pokemon/FF jrpg matches sales of A huge fps,thats pretty damn expensive!

2014: Halo
LT: Smash

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

tbone51 said:

snip..

It's not keeping up with it. We're comparing it to an HD collection. That would be true if it was expected to match or come close to Halo 5.

bubblegamer said:
tbone51 said:

snip..

It's not keeping up with it. We're comparing it to an HD collection. That would be true if it was expected to match or come close to Halo 5.

true, i think MCC>SSBU this year but SSBU will obviously leg it out.

My prediction is (LT) MCC: 4mil  SSBU: 6mil  Halo5: 9.5mil

bubblegamer said:

Brawl has more sales than any individual Halo game. Melee outsold Halo 1.

What really is the bigger franchise? The near entirety of Nintendo's 1st party mascots or Master Chief and the gang in series with declining sales?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016