By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo choose the right release date for Smash Bros U and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker?

They release Smash just in time for Sinterklaas.
Captain Toad will be set for Epiphany as well.

NoE knows its holidays.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

add in your question, amiibos:P on 28th of november,black Friday!that s surprisingly good!

I think Captain Toad in 2014 was a poor choice. It will do nothing for WiiU and will be overshadowed by many other games.
In 2015 (like EU and JP) it can allow for continued momentum and a constant release of new games early in the year, unlike the massive gaps we have seen in the past.

ktay95 said:
I think Captain Toad in 2014 was a poor choice. It will do nothing for WiiU and will be overshadowed by many other games.
In 2015 (like EU and JP) it can allow for continued momentum and a constant release of new games early in the year, unlike the massive gaps we have seen in the past.

Well, thats why they call themself Nintendo :)

Most Anticipated Games on Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Zelda Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, 3D Metroid game, another 3D Mario game.

Most Anticipated Games on 3DS

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Xenoblade Chronicles(N3DS).

I'm just glad they finally confirmed Nov 21 for Smash.

But yeah the dates seem fine.

Around the Network

I'm just glad we are getting Smash U this year.

Absolutely not. I don't get this mentality that a week before BF is a good time to take advantage of BF. It's better to get your initial sales surge out of the way and get a secondary bump for BF. Look at GTA5 last year. If the game wasn't ready then or they wanted Smash 3DS (which I hope didn't cause the version I care about to get delayed) to have its own window then they should have released it EARLY November or perhaps even late October. Give it some breathing room before BF. Oh well guess I'll only get 3 weeks of it with my Fall semester roommate who graduates this semester who loves Smash :(

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Don't know about captain todd but smash U after 3ds was a huge mistake! 3ds will canibalize WiiU hw boost.

There is no doubt that SSB will sell well on wiiu but hw-wise i don't think will change much.

TomaTito said:

They release Smash just in time for Sinterklaas.
Captain Toad will be set for Epiphany as well.

NoE knows its holidays.

In the end Captain Toad won't miss the Magi (Three Wise Men) in Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE33XdpF050

2nd January release date

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Before Black Friday in America is the important thing. The slight PAL delay won't matter much. Their real mistake was releasing the 3DS version first.

As for Captain Toad, meh, it'll stop the start of next year getting too barren for me at least.