By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

This is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. AI does not get harder if you go from 900p to 1080p. Obviously it can be a factor going from 30 fps to 60 fps, but the in game coordinates and modelling do not change from 900p to 1080p.

This is complete bullshit from Ubi.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and $tuff"

yeah was thinking that, on page 18 now :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No sale from me.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Getting this used on PS4. Just wondering who is going to buy this new on PS4?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I'm sorry, but this is simply hilarious..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Honestly? Nothing.

If history is anything to go by, then sales won't be affected by this. It's actually surprising that they put in the effort to make the PS4 version as good as the One version instead of gimping it. They could have saved some good money on this.

Lies.. we have all seen the Watch Dogs Sales.. that wasn't 1080p and the sales reflect that anger from the gamers...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Avro1958 said:
vivster said:

Doesn't the X1 have the faster CPU and therefore the PS4 is holding both versions back? That is of course if the CPU bottleneck is true.

Not accrording to other Dev's and some benchmarks, they maybe the same CPU's in some respect but they are largley custom.  The PS4's clock speed is slower then the XB1 but really does not mean much.

I'm pretty sure the APU design is custom but the CPU is the very same. It's the very same architecture. The fact that the X1 is higher clocked makes it at least slightly faster since no slightly changed architecture of the PS4 CPU will compensate for a 10% clockspeed increase. Worst case scenario is that both are equally fast. Which would still not mean that the X1 is holding anything back.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

chris0409 said:
Saying this has to do with a Microsoft marketing deal makes you just as pathetic as some misterXmedia fanatics who claim that Sony does the same, IMO.

You can't blame developers for not optimizing the game in order to achieve 1080p and/or 60fps or rather higher than 900p/30fps on PS4, one could say the same for every resolution/frame rate inferior game on Xbox One. Setting a common resolution and framerate in order to improve on more essential parts of the game is not wrong, in fact it makes working on both versions AT THE SAME TIME easier/more efficient/less time consuming.

Don't get me wrong, the PS4 may be stronger than the Xbox One, the PS4 certainly is capable at running the game at higher settings (as is the Xbox One), but the question for the developer is how much would you want to sacrifice in order to achieve that? Possible answers would be a delay for one or both systems, or a sacrifice in gameplay elements, or shifting primary focus on one system for various reasons such as easier coding and more or less neglecting the other.

IMO, Ubisoft gave the right answer. Delaying an Assassin's Creed game beyond the holiday season would be unresonable, gameplay elements are more important than resolution and frame rate, so they set the resolution and frame rate to something both can achieve without sacrificing gameplay elements in the given time they have. BUT BOTH HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY OPTIMIZED!!!

PS: This doesn't mean there won't be any patch like in Black Flag. "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt.", my dear PS-fans ;)

100% true. Money didn't cause this. 

dahuman said:
daredevil.shark said:

Why bring PC in console discussion? Its unwanted. Come on.

Because a lot of people don't know how pathetic they are sounding right now, it's like that Shadow of Mordor Eurogamer thing Etho posted and people were like blah blah blah, just play the fucking game and enjoy it lol. Why aren't people happy that it's not sub-HD anymore and higher than 720p, that's hell of a lot better than last gen. We already know these consoles were not power houses when the specs came out years ago, at least they are not using the Wii U as a standard platform, now that, would have been really bad haha.

Very poor excuse. Putting PC in consoles discussion is like an uninvited guest who wants to take attention in the party. As for power PC wins. Everyone knows it. But nobody likes uninvited guest.

vivster said:
Avro1958 said:
vivster said:

Doesn't the X1 have the faster CPU and therefore the PS4 is holding both versions back? That is of course if the CPU bottleneck is true.

Not accrording to other Dev's and some benchmarks, they maybe the same CPU's in some respect but they are largley custom.  The PS4's clock speed is slower then the XB1 but really does not mean much.

I'm pretty sure the APU design is custom but the CPU is the very same. It's the very same architecture. The fact that the X1 is higher clocked makes it at least slightly faster since no slightly changed architecture of the PS4 CPU will compensate for a 10% clockspeed increase. Worst case scenario is that both are equally fast. Which would still not mean that the X1 is holding anything back.

JUst looking at some benchmarks, I can't link right now but google is your friend :-p shows the PS4 ahead of the XB1, again Dev's that actually work with the hardware also have been saying this aswell.