By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

Now watch and look how suddenly all games Microsoft has a marketing deal with will be equal across PS4 and XB1 in terms of resolution and framerate. Call of Duty, Evolve, the Witcher 3, the Division are next.

Around the Network
Avro1958 said:

JUst looking at some benchmarks, I can't link right now but google is your friend :-p shows the PS4 ahead of the XB1, again Dev's that actually work with the hardware also have been saying this aswell.

Please link. That would be new to me that the PS4 CPU is somehow superior to the X1's. Haven't seen any dev praising any of the CPUs either. That's probably because they're both shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

daredevil.shark said:
dahuman said:
daredevil.shark said:

Why bring PC in console discussion? Its unwanted. Come on.

Because a lot of people don't know how pathetic they are sounding right now, it's like that Shadow of Mordor Eurogamer thing Etho posted and people were like blah blah blah, just play the fucking game and enjoy it lol. Why aren't people happy that it's not sub-HD anymore and higher than 720p, that's hell of a lot better than last gen. We already know these consoles were not power houses when the specs came out years ago, at least they are not using the Wii U as a standard platform, now that, would have been really bad haha.

Very poor excuse. Putting PC in consoles discussion is like an uninvited guest who wants to take attention in the party. As for power PC wins. Everyone knows it. But nobody likes uninvited guest.

I suppose I could always watch from the side as 2 babies pout at each other and go "awwww, that's so cute~~~" The only problem here is, we are not babies. Yet people like to act like them, when the real loosers are the PC gamers who have much higher power but get almost all the same shitty assets from the console versions, if nothing else, PC gamers should be the angry ones, think about that and realize how pitty this looks.

Avro1958 said:
vivster said:

Doesn't the X1 have the faster CPU and therefore the PS4 is holding both versions back? That is of course if the CPU bottleneck is true.

Not accrording to other Dev's and some benchmarks, they maybe the same CPU's in some respect but they are largley custom.  The PS4's clock speed is slower then the XB1 but really does not mean much. 

Not by adding TFLOPs but FLOPs don't mean everything.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ohhh the internet forum dwellers aren't going to buy it?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sure Ubi is losing sleep over that

Given where 'The Internet Dwellers Aren't Going To Buy It' led the Xbox One, Ubisoft miiiight want to lose a lil sleep. ;P Unless they've got a '1080 180' patch ready for post-release emergencies. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
dahuman said:

I suppose I could always watch from the side as 2 babies pout at each other and go "awwww, that's so cute~~~" The only problem here is, we are not babies. Yet people like to act like them, when the real loosers are the PC gamers who have much higher power but get almost all the same shitty assets from the console versions, if nothing else, PC gamers should be the angry ones, think about that and realize how pitty this looks.

1. Please dont put PC if it is console only discussion. PC wins. We get it.

2. If developers are not using PC power then its the fault of PC gamers. They need to buy more games. In consoles games sell more and this is why developers use it as benchmark.

michael_stutzer said:
super6646 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Did anybody read the paragraph about AI? They're not intentionally holding the PS4 back, the game is CPU bound and both Xbox One and PS4 have roughly the same CPU, hense why the performance is the same. Would you rather they decrease the number of characters on the screen just to hit 1080p? I swear, gamers this generation have been so obnoxious, this desire for 1080p is holding games back from their true potential. Face facts guys, neither the Xbox One or PS4 were as powerful as devs were hoping for, that's why they're only equivalent to mid-range PC's this gen whereas last gen 360/PS3 started out equivalent to high-end PC's. Let developers optimize games the way they want to optimize them instead of telling them that 1080p/60fps are requirements, you're forcing their hands by doing that and causing them to have to make sacrifices they don't want to make. I applaud you Ubisoft, for having the balls to stand up to obnoxious gamers and do what many other devs have been too scared to do, refuse to sacrifice features you wanted in the game just to hit 1080p/60fps.

Absolutely agree, I think its better off this gen is to improve AI in games, instead of demanding 1080p (next gen will be a focus to 4k gaming) as that is what is holding back this gen, the 1080p number, fact is I prefer 900p or 720p but have a game with improved AI, larger draw distances, and larger crowds and more immersive worlds than 1080p but everything dumbed down!

Wanting 900p or even 720p for larger draw distances is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on any site, not just gaming.

Those are just one of my statements, and how is that a bad thing, you thing robot like AI and crappy textures but 1080p is good, than thats your opinion, but definently not mine.

vivster said:
Avro1958 said:

JUst looking at some benchmarks, I can't link right now but google is your friend :-p shows the PS4 ahead of the XB1, again Dev's that actually work with the hardware also have been saying this aswell.

Please link. That would be new to me that the PS4 CPU is somehow superior to the X1's. Haven't seen any dev praising any of the CPUs either. That's probably because they're both shit.

There was a benchmark where PS4 CPU was faster but we don't know any details about the test so we don't know how big the workload was (meaning: if too big for esram PS4 CPU would appear more powerful but then the test didn't actually benchmark the CPU).

It's amazing that people think that Microsoft didn't pay for this. LOL. It's so easy to get 1080p on PS4, it's just a normal effort, all games except for a couple are not 1080p. Look at how Microsoft handled Destiny and Diablo 3, they had to send their own engineers/workers to the studios to make it 1080p. They are taking this resolution thing very seriously and this is just another result from that.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

To avoid debates and stuff, I won't be getting this. The stink it is kicking up around the net is so smelly it is going to hit them for serious dollars. The fact it already sounds a rushed mess is bad, but this parity rubbish is the final nail in this games coffin for me. They should have taken an extra year off and made this game and the series the real deal for fans.