By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime Discussion - NARUTO series will END on 11/10, FINAL EPISODE on Shonen Jump.

VanceIX said:

Oh, it hasn't aged well, but compared to the other two, I think it has done relatively well. Naruto and Bleach should have ended years ago, while I can see some justification for One Piece still running (some, mind you, not a lot even then). I personally gave up on all 3 around three or four years ago, there comes a point where it's hard to keep up with the weird plot designs the writers pull to try and keep the series alive.

@Bold I think your giving One Piece too much credit here ... LOL 

I agree that both Naruto and Bleach should have ended on an earlier note but "years ago" is putting it really harshly when both of them still had a fair amount of plot development to go through. Most of One Piece's justification to continue it's story comes from the excuse of it's strong adventure theme. 

Aren't a lot other long running shounen's guilty of trying to keep the series alive ? 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

Oh, it hasn't aged well, but compared to the other two, I think it has done relatively well. Naruto and Bleach should have ended years ago, while I can see some justification for One Piece still running (some, mind you, not a lot even then). I personally gave up on all 3 around three or four years ago, there comes a point where it's hard to keep up with the weird plot designs the writers pull to try and keep the series alive.

@Bold I think your giving One Piece too much credit here ... LOL 

I agree that both Naruto and Bleach should have ended on an earlier note but "years ago" is putting it really harshly when both of them still had a fair amount of plot development to go through. Most of One Piece's justification to continue it's story comes from the excuse of it's strong adventure theme. 

Aren't a lot other long running shounen's guilty of trying to keep the series alive ? 

Oh, most certainly. There's no denying that.

The problem with Naruto and One Piece, for me at least, is that they started feeling drawn out and tedious to read. For Naruto, it was after the Pain arc, and for Bleach it was after the Aizen arc. If the quality was kept up, perhaps I wouldn't be commenting now, but there was a very noticeable decrease in quality after those arcs, and with it a big decrease in the casual fanbase.  The shows could have lasted longer with better and easier to understand stories, but as it is, they fell flat for me.

One Piece still felt OK, not nearly as good as when it started, but decent. I stopped reading after the merman/mermaid arc, but I was still mildly interested in seeing where they would take the story. Whether or not it decreased in quality from there, I can't comment.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

MohammadBadir said:

The series that's in it's final arc and put its anime on hiatus so the manga could finish, costing it much popularity in the process, is a bigger chashgrab than OP?

The Bleach anime is on hiatus because it was about to lose its Japanese timeslot to something else (Fairy Tail, if I remember correctly), not due to some altruistic reasoning by the director. I'll look for a link if you'd prefer.

Ka-pi96 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well... were. Naruto is gonna get replaced now

I wonder what's gonna take its place.

Fairy Tail? :P
If those sources are true, Naruto's gonna continue XP

Hopefully Fairy Taily

It's way better than some of those other big 3...

It was be one of the big 3 although a short while cause FT too is ending soon XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Hajime No Ippo should move to take a spot of one of the Big 3 or Fairy Tail. I would have said Historys Strongest Disciple but sadly it has ended . But more than likely it will Be Fairy Tail or Hunter x Hunter that takes the spot of Naruto. So many other great choices The Breaker New Waves, Noblesse, Tower of God, Feng Shen Ji, Toriko etc. I can keep going and of course these are all my opinion.

Back On Topic:

It feels like this will be a rushed ending unless the chapter are like 40 pages long each or something like that. The Kaguya fight was one of the biggest disappoints I have seen in the Manga. Even though Madara and Hashirama seem OP right now compared to when they first showed the 1st and 2nd Hokage fight the 3rd. I can accept it more because they stated that the 2nd time Madara brought them back they were pretty much at their peak/full strength so now we are seeing what they were truly capable of. I just hope they make this fight worth it between Naruto and Sasuke and don't cut it short wither. Well we will see how things pan out!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

I suppose I can agree there, out of the three One Piece has aged the well in both anime and manga. I still find the anime a bit frustrating and the manga harder to follow than ever, but it isn't on the level of the other two.

Wait a minute, when did I ever say that One Piece has aged well in both the anime and manga ? If anything it's aged just as poorly as the others ... 

The anime is frustrating for sure and I can agree with you there since it's sooo damn slow. It would be in your best interests to not try and make any sense of One Piece's mediocre plot development. What people really like about One Piece is the sense of adventure rather than it's poor excuse of a plot. 

Personally though I always thought that One Piece has peaked a long time ago at Enies Lobby and I found Marineford to be very underwhelming ... 

Out of the big 3 One Piece hasn't aged well at least the anime. You can go back and watch Naruto and Bleach good years and still be entertained since both of them since itsn't as old as OP. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I don't know where the manga is in relation to the latest anime episode, but I'm getting the feeling that the ending will be a bit rushed.It just seems like there are so many loose ends to tie up, and if the big climax hasn't taken place in the manga yet, five chapters isn't enough time to handle them all.

All good things must come to an end. Just thinking back, but Naruto has been in a huge chunk of my life. Crazy it's finally going to be over.

But maybe/hopefully it'll be like DBZ where there'll still be Naruto movies afterwards.

There's still alot of characters I wish to see the background of that I hope they make small movies/OVAs into. ie. Second Hokage sounds like he accomplished alot and want to see how he died (apparently killed by the gold and silver brothers), I would also like to see the fight between Pain and the Salamander guy.

Sidenote: Since Naruto will be ending, and Bleach as well, can somebody bring back the Bleach anime for the final arc. (if not in episodes then in sectional part movies)

I don't get why people think that One piece has deteriorated in quality? If anything the latest 2 arcs have been as good as anything in the series. The biggest complaint almost always seems to be that the story drags, pacing is poor etc etc. Yet it's bollox, people often state that Skypia is one of their favourite arcs (and i agree), yet that arc lasts the best part of 100 chapters! you're not telling me that shit wouldn't drag and feel slow if it was being told now. And for people who think it's a cash grab, almost all of the elements still to be cleaned up was introduced more than a decade ago...(Shichibukai, Yonkou, WG, Revolution etc.)

Anyway thank fuck Naruto is now ending, hopefully Kishi can get a new idea for a Manga, and actually plan the whole series out, not neglect to world build, and actually respect the rules for his world that he builds. As part 1 of Naruto is some of the best shounen ever (though a lot of the problems i have with the manga come from things kishi missed doing in this part, and I feel that the first part could have been 100 chapters longer, with part 2 being 100 chapters shorter, which would lead to a far better paced manga)

VanceIX said:
MohammadBadir said:
VanceIX said:

One Piece (the manga) is certainly not a cash grab (at least not to the level that Bleach/Naruto have become), but the filler filled anime certainly is. Instead of just doing seperate seasons, fans get to watch though hours of filler before the manga gets ahead enough.

The series that's in it's final arc and put its anime on hiatus so the manga could finish, costing it much popularity in the process, is a bigger chashgrab than OP?

So we are going to ignore the cringe-worthy amount of filler that the Naruto anime had before, not to mention the noticeable drop in quality during and after the Pain arc?

I'm talking about Bleach XP