By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disappointed with Smash 3DS?

FarleyMcFirefly said:

It did not live up to the hype for me. The stages weren't anything special, the controls still feel kinda weird. Most characters were unlocked from the start.
I am hoping that they keep the best features for the Wii U version.

I've only played the demo, and having never played any Smash Bros games alone until then, I was disappointed. 

It could be because of  the 3DS' poor controller set up and how crappy the slide pad is, or it could be  that the game isn't as good as I thought it was.  I played more than 10 matches with one, two, and three level 9 opponents hoping I might get into it after a bit, but I had no fun whatsoever.  The game just felt incredibly boring playing against the AI.  This is normal for fighting games, as they usually are less fun playing alone than with others, but this just felt even more so.  Maybe Super Smash Bros isn't as fun as a game as I thought it was and it's only been fun since I've been playing with friends.

Around the Network

If you're disappointed then don't play/buy it. This is just another thread for crybabies. If you don't like a game, then make your own. Sakurai has poured his soul into this game. 

1. I bet many people never thought these graphics were possible, in 3D, on the 3DS

2. Character count is massive even if they were all unlocked 

3. Plenty of trophies, costumes, modes, and unlockables

4. Control works for the 3DS if it doesn't work for you try adjusting your force and speed 

5. Designed to work both locally for fans and online for people who want to play with new friends. 

The game is near perfect and a dream come true for me as a Smash fan. So cry if you want, but take that crap somewhere else. 

You probably don't get it because it's your first smash game. It's a different type of fighting game who's depth comes from the simplicity of its controls not the complexity of it like most other fighting games. The demo is a taste. Like a baby spoon at the ice cream shop. No you can't and shouldnt judge it based off that baby spoon. FYI my son who just turned 4 has adjusted to the controls, but his first experience in gaming was on his 2DS. He's been playing heavily since it came out, he also had the demo code from his Pops. 

Mostly no, I was not disappointed. I expected the controls to not be up to snuff, so I've made peace with that. The game itself is still super addicting, and I like most of the new characters, items and stages. Not much of a fan of Smash Run though. The one thing I am disappointed by was how easy it was to unlock all the characters and stages. I got most from playing Classic Mode a bunch of times.

Glad I'm waiting for the Wii U version. I can definitely wait. I'm still also wary of how punishing this game might be on the 3DS regarding the circle pad.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

I would wait for the Wii U version to make any concrete criticisms

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Should I get this? I liked the demo, but if there is not single player mode then the game is only going to entertain me for a day. I have the WiiU version pre-ordered.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

jrRodney said:

If you're disappointed then don't play/buy it. This is just another thread for crybabies. If you don't like a game, then make your own. Sakurai has poured his soul into this game. 

1. I bet many people never thought these graphics were possible, in 3D, on the 3DS

2. Character count is massive even if they were all unlocked 

3. Plenty of trophies, costumes, modes, and unlockables

4. Control works for the 3DS if it doesn't work for you try adjusting your force and speed 

5. Designed to work both locally for fans and online for people who want to play with new friends. 

The game is near perfect and a dream come true for me as a Smash fan. So cry if you want, but take that crap somewhere else. 

If you don't like his opinion don't read the thread, just another reply from crybabies, if you don't like opinions, make your own forum, OP has poured his time into the thread.

1. do you see how silly this attitude is now?

2. i really hope you do.

It's great that you like it but that is just your opinion, so don't shit on others for having an opinion of their own.

Honestly, the handheld 3DS is BEYOND my expectations. I bought Hyrule Warriors and its a good game, but Smash is better. I've completely ignored HW since Smash came out and I'm too busy unlocking all the hidden characters, and stages... It has a plethora of content and I could see me playing this for a long time.

Can't say I am really. For a handheld version of the game, I think they were able to do a pretty good job transitioning the controls and gameplay to the 3DS. I have the XL though, so I don't find the controls as uncomfortable as someone with an original 3DS model might.

As much as I heard people complain about it, I do kinda miss the Subspace Emissary from Brawl though. I love the classic modes and all, but I did like the way the characters all came together and interacted in the SSE mode.