By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disappointed with Smash 3DS?

LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
Glad I'm waiting for the Wii U version. I can definitely wait. I'm still also wary of how punishing this game might be on the 3DS regarding the circle pad.

The 3DS version of the Game is a GREAT way of warming up for the Wii U version though if you want to know the games mechanics and such. The practice will do you good to PWN people in the Wii U version. Only beef I have with the game is on 4 player mode a lose track of my character like once or twice during a match because they are small, and the controllers are something to get used to, but all in all this Smash is made to play casually and not competitively IMO. The Competitive one is definitely the Wii U version.

The casual play is what makes it sooo addicting though.

Around the Network

I love it I like to play in my room online 1vs1 0lag for me, and the 3DS version is the prove of how awesome the Wii U one is going to be

Michael-5 said:

Should I get this? I liked the demo, but if there is not single player mode then the game is only going to entertain me for a day. I have the WiiU version pre-ordered.

There is a PLETHORA of Single Player modes man, from Classic Smash, to All Star Smash. Smash Run is alright but it takes sometime getting used to. Also Multi-Man Smash has 10 man smash, 100 man smash, 3-minute man smash, Rival Smash, Endless Smash, and Cruel Smash (it REALLY lives up to its name!!). Plus Classic Smash at it's hardest difficulty is quite the challenge, it give Smash Vets a run of its money. TBH I've only played online ONCE in three days! The single player mode is what is taking up 99% of my time right now. That and there are COUNTLESS Characters to do all these modes with too...

And this is not mentioning Target Blast, Home Run Contest, Trophy Rush, and the Street Pass game Street Smash, 4 mini games that come with it too.. So decide if this is enough single player for your liking...

That's disappointing to hear. Hopefully the Wii U version will impress you more.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Not really no. I've been really enjoying it so far!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

No. There's plenty of content also. Several single player modes, really.

Tachikoma said:
jrRodney said:

If you're disappointed then don't play/buy it. This is just another thread for crybabies. If you don't like a game, then make your own. Sakurai has poured his soul into this game. 

1. I bet many people never thought these graphics were possible, in 3D, on the 3DS

2. Character count is massive even if they were all unlocked 

3. Plenty of trophies, costumes, modes, and unlockables

4. Control works for the 3DS if it doesn't work for you try adjusting your force and speed 

5. Designed to work both locally for fans and online for people who want to play with new friends. 

The game is near perfect and a dream come true for me as a Smash fan. So cry if you want, but take that crap somewhere else. 

If you don't like his opinion don't read the thread, just another reply from crybabies, if you don't like opinions, make your own forum, OP has poured his time into the thread.

1. do you see how silly this attitude is now?

2. i really hope you do.

It's great that you like it but that is just your opinion, so don't shit on others for having an opinion of their own.

Omg Tachi just stop, your posts on here are too good =P

the only real bummer for me is that i used up for jumping all the time before. and the circlepad is shitty for doing a doublejump... so i have to re-learn that aspect, would have liked to just use the D-pad tbh.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Michael-5 said:

Should I get this? I liked the demo, but if there is not single player mode then the game is only going to entertain me for a day. I have the WiiU version pre-ordered.

There is a PLETHORA of Single Player modes man, from Classic Smash, to All Star Smash. Smash Run is alright but it takes sometime getting used to. Also Multi-Man Smash has 10 man smash, 100 man smash, 3-minute man smash, Rival Smash, Endless Smash, and Cruel Smash (it REALLY lives up to its name!!). Plus Classic Smash at it's hardest difficulty is quite the challenge, it give Smash Vets a run of its money. TBH I've only played online ONCE in three days! The single player mode is what is taking up 99% of my time right now. That and there are COUNTLESS Characters to do all these modes with too...

And this is not mentioning Target Blast, Home Run Contest, Trophy Rush, and the Street Pass game Street Smash, 4 mini games that come with it too.. So decide if this is enough single player for your liking...

Sounds likeeverything I'll be getting anyway on WiiU. Does the 3DS offer anything exclusive other then Smash Run?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I own it, and haven't played it. My kid started playing it, I looked at it, seen no Adventure mode and thought to myself "Well, fuck this."
Won't be playing this game.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.