By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disappointed with Smash 3DS?

Bajablo said:
the only real bummer for me is that i used up for jumping all the time before. and the circlepad is shitty for doing a doublejump... so i have to re-learn that aspect, would have liked to just use the D-pad tbh.

Yeah but the DPad is in a complete ass place to be used all the time =(

The system isnt made well for this game, just gotta wait a little longer for WiiU

Around the Network

It has it problems but it's still very good game. You just haven't played it enough is what i feel is the problem, because once you get used to the controls it becomes much better.

painmaster212 said:
It has it problems but it's still very good game. You just haven't played it enough is what i feel is the problem is because once you get used to the controls it becomes much better.

yeah, the controls are the only thing that feels off atm. still figuring it out :) but i'm getting better, so something is working ;)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Alright, just played the demo a little and ugh. Gotta get used to the controls I guess, but I'm glad I only considered getting this for the WiiU.

My muscle memory for the gamecube controller is too strong to play it on these controls. Although I'm sure you can change the controls if you get the full game. Still, there's not much room for real estate on a handheld for a game like this.

Lube Me Up

kupomogli said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

It did not live up to the hype for me. The stages weren't anything special, the controls still feel kinda weird. Most characters were unlocked from the start.
I am hoping that they keep the best features for the Wii U version.

I've only played the demo, and having never played any Smash Bros games alone until then, I was disappointed. 

It could be because of  the 3DS' poor controller set up and how crappy the slide pad is, or it could be  that the game isn't as good as I thought it was.  I played more than 10 matches with one, two, and three level 9 opponents hoping I might get into it after a bit, but I had no fun whatsoever.  The game just felt incredibly boring playing against the AI.  This is normal for fighting games, as they usually are less fun playing alone than with others, but this just felt even more so.  Maybe Super Smash Bros isn't as fun as a game as I thought it was and it's only been fun since I've been playing with friends.

Have you tried Classic Smash mode at 9.0 difficulty??

That thing is HELLA hard especially the last boss...

Around the Network

My only gripe is there is the game is limited because of the 3DS' hardware and online fights can be really iffy. Other than that I'm having a blast, hopefully the issues will be fixed in the Wii U version.

Leadified said:
My only gripe is there is the game is limited because of the 3DS' hardware and online fights can be really iffy. Other than that I'm having a blast, hopefully the issues will be fixed in the Wii U version.

I doubt they'll rewrite the netcode from P2P, but its possible inlieue of the problems for the 3DS version.

It didn't disappoint but the online sickens me

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

I'm enjoying more Hyrule W. than SB but the Wii U version is where it is.

I know... my English sucks.

Moonhero said:
I own it, and haven't played it. My kid started playing it, I looked at it, seen no Adventure mode and thought to myself "Well, fuck this."
Won't be playing this game.

I was thinkin the same thing, but I got the game anyway and now I'm 15 hours in. There is no adventure mode, but there is All Stars, & Classic. They can take up a bit of time when you try to beat them with multiple characters.

At 15 hours though, I'm done. I don't have all the trophies or all the challegnes done, but I don't want to play the same game with every character now....

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results