By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663
JayWood2010 said:
RacerXGT said:
JayWood2010 said:

Im aware of all this already ;)  And still not a sim.  Im done here though, i dont feel like arguing in circles.  Have a wonderful day

Cool, casue its a sim.  Nothing arcade about it.  

Around the Network

I really wasn't expecting DC to come out on top like that, especially after the many bad reviews. Interesting

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

RacerXGT said:
JayWood2010 said:
RacerXGT said:

FMS is a sim.  FH is an arcade racer.  That is like saying Mario kart and Driveclub are one of the same.  Or that Mario bros and Mario 3D is the same.  Or Need for Speed and Gran Turismo. theyre not.    

Yes, DC sold 30k more copies in the opening week.  I didnt say anything about that. DC also reviewed badly and has server issues.  IM not convinced that it will have legs yet, but it could., idk.  Forza on the other hand has always had good legs so i could see it do well overtime.  But you should do your research is all, which you dont appear to have done.  I wouldnt talk so big when it could drop off incredibly fast and you really dont know what is going to happen.  There is nothing to go by with DC.  It could do well or it could drop hard, we dont know

And FM4 - 5 drops are from 80m install base to launch game btw(Unless youre expecting 70% attach ratio, those numbers arent possible).

Talk about reserch, you could do well to take your own advice.  F Horizon is the same game engine as regular Froza, same game mechanics same tuning options and effect of said tuning.  There is nothing arcade about it.  Its a open world simulation based racer.  Fh is nothing like need for speed, a true arcade racer right there.  Forza had good legs when it took 2 years between a new Forza entering the market.  Forza and FHorizen will cannabilize each other sales, that is inevitable.

Over all the racer market will be quite saturated on xbox, with its small user base it speaks nothing good about big sales.  I especially see nothing good for Horizon2 sales after Forza6 debuts and its hype starts ramping up.  It will get easily over shadowed by its big brother.

They're very different games. They'll have some overlap from the same Forza fans, but also have their unique fans that don't like dry sims or driving through fields. 2 yearly schedule does bite a bit into Forza's sales,  just as GT6 sold a lot less than GT5.

I'm more inclined to buy FH every 2 years as it will feature a whole new map. With Forza I'm happy to wait until Forza 6 as most tracks will be recycled anyway, then probably skip Forza 7. I also expect FH2 to be bundled, which is what I'm waiting for before getting an XB1.

DialgaMarine said:
I really wasn't expecting DC to come out on top like that, especially after the many bad reviews. Interesting

their seams to be a bit of an industry wide problem with developers and publishers giving reviewers samples and full copys of their latest games paying back handers to give better review scores than what the games should get, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJFbD9lTZv4&list=UUNovoA9w0KnxyDP5bGrOYzg (watch from 2:20 to see what im talking about).

over the past 10 years ive started going by user reviews and ignoring the big publicised reviews purely because i don't trust what they say any more and that as users are not being payed to review a game their opinion is more realistic than the junk most publications like IGN, official X, EDGE etc publish.

i was expecting FH2 to get a higher score than it did and also was not expecting DC to sell more than FH2, i guess the hype for DC worked though no doubt if the XB1 had as many users as the PS4 that would have presented a different result.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Look at it this way. The Xbox One launched with a medicore NFS and a great sim racer. So racing fans on X1 were already more satisfied with that genre.

To the contrary, PS4 just had that medicore NFS. Based on trailers Driveclub seemed like the game PS4 fans were hoping for. I don't think it was...

Well, satisfaction chases a different topic. You said the console was "lacking". As I said, given the competing system has just one more game in the genre, both machines are currently lacking there (again, which makes sense when compared to the past).

Also, since we're talking about "Meta-scores", Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) sits with an 80 on Metacritic. I'd hardly call that: "mediocre".

Especially when that "mediocre" racer is rated higher than Forza 5, which he calls "great". A bit hypocritical.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

Also, since we're talking about "Meta-scores", Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) sits with an 80 on Metacritic. I'd hardly call that: "mediocre".

Nice, you just found a good example of a game being over rated on metacritic. NFS Rivals is bad, I'd rather take Driveclub.

Do you only use Metacritic when it suits you?

"Well... I'm pretty sure FH2 scored significantly better because it's the overall better game."

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ka-pi96 said:
Surprising. I expected more from Forza and thought that Driveclub would have suffered more from the PS+ version.

What PS+ version? ;o

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

How did I miss this thread?!

Salty tears everywhere...!

Hopefully, the PS+ version of Driveclub finally comes up on the store. I think it'll impress some people and convince them to go for the full version. This game has the potential to have good legs, but it's really up to Evolution to right the ship on networking...

4k1x3r said:
KLAMarine said:

Did OP count X360 sales of the new Forza? According to VGChartz, combined Forza outsold DriveClub.

Why counting x360 sales?

Because I doubt many would purchase the same game on both consoles?