By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I really wasn't expecting DC to come out on top like that, especially after the many bad reviews. Interesting

their seams to be a bit of an industry wide problem with developers and publishers giving reviewers samples and full copys of their latest games paying back handers to give better review scores than what the games should get, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJFbD9lTZv4&list=UUNovoA9w0KnxyDP5bGrOYzg (watch from 2:20 to see what im talking about).

over the past 10 years ive started going by user reviews and ignoring the big publicised reviews purely because i don't trust what they say any more and that as users are not being payed to review a game their opinion is more realistic than the junk most publications like IGN, official X, EDGE etc publish.

i was expecting FH2 to get a higher score than it did and also was not expecting DC to sell more than FH2, i guess the hype for DC worked though no doubt if the XB1 had as many users as the PS4 that would have presented a different result.

Yeah, that type of stuff has been pretty obvious for a while now. Especially that time that EA invited all the big review sites to stay at a 5 star hotel to review Crysis 2, with the all the alcohol their heart could desire. Yeah... That's not gonna affect their score lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

PS4 simply has the larger install base. I don't find it surprising at all the games usually sell better on PS4 compared to Xbox One.

If you look at the ratio of sales, Forza Horizon 2 did sell a larger number of copies per-console compared to Driveclub.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

LudicrousSpeed said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Ninsect said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, satisfaction chases a different topic. You said the console was "lacking". As I said, given the competing system has just one more game in the genre, both machines are currently lacking there (again, which makes sense when compared to the past).

Also, since we're talking about "Meta-scores", Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) sits with an 80 on Metacritic. I'd hardly call that: "mediocre".

Especially when that "mediocre" racer is rated higher than Forza 5, which he calls "great". A bit hypocritical.

I still say NFS is medicore regardless how it scored. I'd take Forza 5 or Driveclub over NFS:Rivals.

Forza 5 took criticism primarily for having less content than previous games. GT6 got criticized for being GT5.5. Driveclub is being criticized for just being mediocre.

Not to mention, Need for Speed only outscored Forza 5 on the PS4, where it had no competition. On Xbox One, Forza 5 scored a 79 and NFS scored like a 74 or 75. So there's no hypocrisy there.

Not to mention it's different genres of racing. NFS Rivals is an arcade racer, Forza 5 is sim. That's like saying if an NBA Jam game outscores NBA2k, then Jam must be a better basketball game.

The only reason for that was that the PS4 version was the one reviewers were supplied with in most cases. I mean, it has 53 reviews vs. the 18 reviews of the XB1 version, making it the more accurate picture of the general scores for the game.

Oh so arcade racers are mediocre when they're rated 80 but sims are not mediocre with 79. Got it.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I don't really care how you want to make excuses for or qualify it. Bottom line is there was another racer on Xbox One for reviewers to compare NFS to and it scored lower on Xbox One. And lower than that other racer scored. Search a little harder for hypocrisy, please.

LudicrousSpeed said:

I don't really care how you want to make excuses for or qualify it. Bottom line is there was another racer on Xbox One for reviewers to compare NFS to and it scored lower on Xbox One. And lower than that other racer scored. Search a little harder for hypocrisy, please.

so going by your reasoning you admit that the PS4 offers a significantly improved gaming experience than Xbox One? PS4 version of NFS scored significantly better than the XB1 version of the same game (need for speed rivals), so going by your "logic" it dictates that the PS4 version of the game is considerably better due to the PS4 being a better system of course, since they had the same developer, release date and content. since your argument defies all kind of logic, reasoning and commen sense by flat out refusing to check the publications behind the score even though a majority of the same publications that reviewed Forza 5 are the same who reviewed the PS4 version of NFS:R such as 3DJuegos,Cheat Code Central, Destructoid, Edge Magazine, EGM, Eurogamer, Eurogamer Germany, Eurogamer Spain, Eurogamer portugal, game informer, game revolution, Gameblog.fr, games beat, game spot, games radar, game trailers, gaming trend, giant bomb and ign. we can now realistically conclude that the PS4 does indeed offer a much better gaming experience than the XB1. that of course going by your argument which basically says what matters is the "bottom line" and the final metascore.

and an FYI those are, 19 examples of publications that reviewed both he PS4 version of NFS and FZ5, more than the entire number of publications that reviewed the XB1 version of NFS. 

Around the Network

Thats a lot of text about a shitty NFS game so let me answer the first sentence since thats all I read and say sure, PS4 Rivals is the superior version. Idk how the Xbone can recover from that.

pre adjusted forza horizon still outsold driceclub 366k vs 357 according to chartz

so lets wait for NPD october results before make a claim

prinz_valium said:
pre adjusted forza horizon still outsold driceclub 366k vs 357 according to chartz

Is that on Xbox one and 360?

method114 said:
prinz_valium said:

Is that on Xbox one and 360?

yes. combines

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252005/forza-horizon-2-sells-366k-first-week-xbox-one-sales-up-25/

LudicrousSpeed said:

Bottom line is that you're ignoring logic.

Why? I don't need to look elsewhere to see it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com