By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663
bubblegamer said:
Why do we make threads like these comparing the sales when it's gonna get the usual,"well PS4 has more console out there" type comments?

Do people not know that beforehand!?

that didnt stop them from comparing ps3 sales vs xbox 360. and user base doesnt mean shit

some people buy ps4 and xbox only for fifas and cods

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Forza Horizon 2 is definitively OVERtracked in US.

DriveClub I don't have data... we will need to wait NPD but the same can happen.

PS. I'm holding my bet... DriveClub > Forza 5 lifetime.

JayWood2010 said:
SvennoJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

I imagine DC will have great legs. Word of mouth is great, there will be a huge update in December, free version is still to come and there is a lot of free DLC coming. Also with The crew there will be 3 open world racers on XB1, still only 1 track racer on ps4.

I havent heard much good to be honest.  Ive seen a few updates on the servers and polygon lowering its score, but that doesnt make me right either. The PS+ version should boost it a little bit, plus holidays will be good for it.  

Didnt The Crew get delayed til next year?  For some reason i thought it did, but i may be mistaken.  Maybe that was Project Cars that got delayed

Project cars is delayed until sometime next year, The crew is delayed until December 2nd.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/06/the-crew-release-date-delayed

Both should do well over the holidays, no NFS this year as the regular go to holiday racer.

SvennoJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

Project cars is delayed until sometime next year, The crew is delayed until December 2nd.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/06/the-crew-release-date-delayed

Both should do well over the holidays, no NFS this year as the regular go to holiday racer.

Thanks!  So it got delayed, just not as long as i thought it did.  

JayWood2010 said:

Id imagine Forza Horizon will sell more lifetime. Its at 440k right now with great reviews. As always forza will most likely have strong legs like every other Forza game where as driveclub has been met with lukewarm reviews and server problems that are second to none. So id imagine Driveclub will struggle to have strong legs which racing games need.  Then again its also one of the only racing games right now, so that may not matter at all.  Id imagine both will sell pretty well throughout this holiday.

Good numbers for both though. All things considered, more people will be picking up both as the holiday goes by

It should but wont.  Horizen sales will come to a screetching halt the second Forza6 is shown/announced.  The market is quickly being forzad out, H2s lower then deserves sales attest to that being true.  While DC is and will be the sole PS excluve racer for a long time, EVstudios has shown a rather large amount of upgrades and extra content for it in the next 6 months.  All points to this being the PS racer for a considerable amount of time.  Not that it deserves that status but PS4 fanbase is stuck with DC till GT7 erases all memory of its existance from us all.  

Around the Network

Man, I don't know, it seems the population has spoken!

FH maybe a great game, I never played it, it seems fun... but so is DC, despite all the problems (I honeslty don't care for the clubs)... The review scores are un-called for, if reviewers were consistant about it they would give any game with tracks low scores going forward, the other supposedly low points were made up at best, it's almost as if the reviewers had their review written by the MS PR handlers!

RacerXGT said:
JayWood2010 said:

It should but wont.  Horizen sales will come to a screetching halt the second Forza6 is shown/announced.  The market is quickly being forzad out, H2s lower then deserves sales attest to that being true.  While DC is and will be the sole PS excluve racer for a long time, EVstudios has shown a rather large amount of upgrades and extra content for it in the next 6 months.  All points to this being the PS racer for a considerable amount of time.  Not that it deserves that status but PS4 fanbase is stuck with DC till GT7 erases all memory of its existance from us all.  

False.  Forza has never been a front loaded franchise.  It sells well weekly throughout the year and adds up over time.  As for Driveclub i dont have many predictions on it as i really have anything to base it off of other than reviews and server issues.  Forza Horizon 2 will most likely be between 1-2m as FH1 was.

Forza 2 opening week - 228k 
Total Sales Lifetime - 4.02m

Forza 3 Opening week -  209k
Total Sales Lifetime - 5.42m

Forza 4 Opening Week -  515k
Forza 4 Lifetime - 4.25m

Forza 5 Opening Week - 314k
Forza 5 Lifetime so far - 1.53m (so far)

Forza Horizon Opening Week -  316k
Forza Horizon Lifetime - 1.76m

Forza Horizon 2 Opening Week - 370k (270k XBO)

JayWood2010 said:
RacerXGT said:
JayWood2010 said:

False.  Forza has never been a front loaded franchise.  It sells well weekly throughout the year and adds up over time.  As for Driveclub i dont have may predictions on it as i really have nothing to base it off of other than reviews and server issues.  Forza Horizon will most likely be bwetween 1-2m as FH1 was.

Forza 2 opening week - 228k 
Total Sales Lifetime - 4.02m

Forza 3 Opening week -  209k
Total Sales Lifetime - 5.42m

Forza 4 Opening Week -  515k
Forza 4 Lifetime - 4.25m

Forza 5 Opening Week - 314k
Forza 5 Lifetime so far - 1.53m (so far)

Forza Horizon Opening Week -  316k
Forza Horizon Lifetime - 1.76m

Forza Horizon 2 Opening Week - 370k (270k XBO)

I mentioned in another thread that the FH2 has over 530K people on it's leaderboard, I know it's not a 100% accurate guide because of (Sharing, Loaning etc) but still pretty good

alabtrosMyster said:

Man, I don't know, it seems the population has spoken!

FH maybe a great game, I never played it, it seems fun... but so is DC, despite all the problems (I honeslty don't care for the clubs)... The review scores are un-called for, if reviewers were consistant about it they would give any game with tracks low scores going forward, the other supposedly low points were made up at best, it's almost as if the reviewers had their review written by the MS PR handlers!

What do you mean un-called for?  Its their opinion.  

Ok fine,but forza scored higher