By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Hyrule Warriors get praised when Dynasty Warriors does not?

Do you like Hyrule Warriors/Dynasty Warriors?

Yes 126 77.30%

No 35 21.47%

Total:161

I also noticed Nintendo fans hype - but they have never played better games in this genre. samurai warriors 4 (coming for ps4 this moth) have over 50 playable caracters, or ? its 100% better and bigger than dynasty w. and hyrule w.

more special attacks, more story..Nintendo fans should really love Samurai Warriors 4.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Have you considered that a lot of Nintendo fans don't own Sony systems, and have probably never played another Dynasty Warriors game before, and therefore are not in any position to praise them?

Maybe Sony fans should make a little more noise about how much they like Dynasty Warriors. Otherwise, I might start to think the series would be better off on Nintendo platforms where the audience is more appreciative.

Your point does make sense, but the thing is when I can play God Of War and Devil May Cry on my PS console why should I care about Dynasty Warriors? Anyways, if you guys want to play Dynasty Warriors games maybe you should buy a PlayStation console.

Because most of these players haven't played Dynasty Warriors before (me too). I simply didn't even know that this game existed. Hyrule Warriors is awesome, but I can't judge the other Warrior games.

Fun idea: show us where this praise is coming from. Then take out all the posts that say "fan service." Results?

I love Dynasty Warriors, and I don't care what other people think about it.

Around the Network

The story is better than a regula DW story, and I like Dynasty Warriors. They did a pretty good job with HW, though the game isn't amazing, it's an okay game.

For the most part, I think it has everything to do with the story. Gameplay is as mediocre as any DW game.

So, why does the praise bother you? If you're a fan DW you should be happy the franchise is getting a bit of praise regardless of what console it's on.

cannonballZ said:
The story is better than a regula DW story, and I like Dynasty Warriors. They did a pretty good job with HW, though the game isn't amazing, it's an okay game.

For the most part, I think it has everything to do with the story. Gameplay is as mediocre as any DW game.

So, why does the praise bother you? If you're a fan DW you should be happy the franchise is getting a bit of praise regardless of what console it's on.

I dislike Dynasty Warriors, and never said it deserved any praise on its own. But if Hyrule Warrior is being praised, Dynasty Warriors should be praised as well as its the same game.

I think it might have something to do with it having  a ton of Zelda-related fanservice! Who knows, maybe I'm just crazy and that is not the case at all!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

HW didn't get much praise
Orochi 3 was better received (and is better IMO, SW4 also looks better though i haven't played it yet)

What are you talking about man? So if i like Hyrule warriors i must also praise DW. Destiny mediocre reviews but i still see fans praising it, that's what fans do. you're a bitter ps fb, just enjoy your console stop bitching, have a nice weekend