By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Hyrule Warriors get praised when Dynasty Warriors does not?

Do you like Hyrule Warriors/Dynasty Warriors?

Yes 126 77.30%

No 35 21.47%

Total:161
Ka-pi96 said:
cannonballZ said:
The story is better than a regula DW story, and I like Dynasty Warriors. They did a pretty good job with HW, though the game isn't amazing, it's an okay game.

For the most part, I think it has everything to do with the story. Gameplay is as mediocre as any DW game.

So, why does the praise bother you? If you're a fan DW you should be happy the franchise is getting a bit of praise regardless of what console it's on.

Come again?

You realise the Dynasty Warriors is based on one of Chinas greatest classical novels right?

And???

Daredevil, Constantine and Green Lantern movies were based on several greatest comic books characters ever, it didn't save them of suckness. 

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Around the Network

I think people need to stfu and let other people enjoy their games, instead of trying to make them feel bad for why they like them in the first place.

Nintendo fans have been praising and criticizing the game on both sides. And maybe DW is an underrated series that people just need a specific connection with to get into? Either way, leave them be.

Ka-pi96 said:

Come again?

You realise the Dynasty Warriors is based on one of Chinas greatest classical novels right?

Doesn't matter, they tend to get boring fast. The reason I like Hyrule Warriors story so much is because it goes through quite a few Zelda era's. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword. They did a fantastic job of tying together for this game.

The gameplay sucks and the game can get repetitive and boring as well. Frankly, I haven't seen any praise for the games mechanics or gameplay. They story is fantastic though.

Ka-pi96 said:
cannonballZ said:
The story is better than a regula DW story, and I like Dynasty Warriors. They did a pretty good job with HW, though the game isn't amazing, it's an okay game.

For the most part, I think it has everything to do with the story. Gameplay is as mediocre as any DW game.

So, why does the praise bother you? If you're a fan DW you should be happy the franchise is getting a bit of praise regardless of what console it's on.

Come again?

Romance of the Three Kingdoms ftw!  Fuckin love DW.

spurgeonryan said:
GTAexpert said:
spurgeonryan said:
More so that it is a really good game, and Dynasty Warriors is not as loved as Zelda.

But Wii U exclusive helps a well.

But the game is just another Dynasty Warriors game, so maybe you should praise those games as well. Besides reviews claim otherwise.

Agree with the rest

I have never played them. So I cannot say whether the reviews are correct or not. I think I played Kessen before though. Same type of game?

Not at all. Kessen games were more STR than BTA. The second one wasn't really good, but the third one is a favorite of mine on ps2.

Around the Network

I never played DW, and I like HW.

You should get banned for this bait thread. Hell we even had threads of people saying they want to play dDynasty Warriors now thanks to HyWa.

What is the OP about anyway other than a sweeping generalized attack against a single group.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Omg! the PlayStation guy got mad with Nintendo....lol grow up dude, dont be jealous about the sucess of Hyrule Warriors just because it is nintendo exclusive and it is being WAY more praised than the others Warriors games. U rly made a thread just to scream to the world ur a little kid?

Zelda fans are probably more interested in playing a game with Zelda characters than a game without Zelda characters. At least that's my crazy theory.

But hey...maybe it just makes more sense to hype up a game I've never played. It's not like the story and characters are different or anything.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Hyrule Warriors is a great game, that has also given me the urge to seek out one of the other Warriors games on Wii U in the future. The Zelda fan service is the main draw, but the Dynasty Warriors elements compliment it very well, it is a crossover that is perfectly matched. It could have been a disaster, turns out it a damn fine game!