By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Hyrule Warriors get praised when Dynasty Warriors does not?

Do you like Hyrule Warriors/Dynasty Warriors?

Yes 126 77.30%

No 35 21.47%

Total:161
the_dengle said:
Have you considered that a lot of Nintendo fans don't own Sony systems, and have probably never played another Dynasty Warriors game before, and therefore are not in any position to praise them?

Maybe Sony fans should make a little more noise about how much they like Dynasty Warriors. Otherwise, I might start to think the series would be better off on Nintendo platforms where the audience is more appreciative.

Have you considered gets its praise because of the fanservice? Which is not bad btw. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I played Dynasty Warriors 6, 7 and the online MMO, bought Hyrule Warriors on release and beat it in 2 days (legend mode).

Hyrule Warriors plays like other DW games, but the adventure mode, Miiverse features, playable characters that gamers are familiar with and insane fan-service is what makes HW stand above the other games in the series.

I haven't played the 50 musou games out there so I can't say it's the best, but it is quite a fun game for Zelda fans.

I have to admit, Legend mode is a drag. One level is fine, but playing 2-3 levels in a row becomes really boring. That said, Adventure Mode is a lot more fun. So I've got mixed feeling on Hyrule Warriors, but I've still enjoyed it as a whole.

Metallox said:
the_dengle said:
Have you considered that a lot of Nintendo fans don't own Sony systems, and have probably never played another Dynasty Warriors game before, and therefore are not in any position to praise them?

Maybe Sony fans should make a little more noise about how much they like Dynasty Warriors. Otherwise, I might start to think the series would be better off on Nintendo platforms where the audience is more appreciative.

Have you considered gets its praise because of the fanservice? Which is not bad btw. 

I hadn't considered where it got its praise from because I haven't seen a whole lot of praise for it. Almost all of what I've seen has been, "It's a Dynasty Warriors game with some Zelda, if you like Dynasty Warriors and/or Zelda that's a good thing. If you like neither, it won't change your mind."

I don't exactly see any Nintendo fans saying ZOMG GOTY. See also this thread, in which two-thirds of users polled answered that they wouldn't even rank it above their least-favorite 3D Zelda.

Maybe because most Nintendo fans haven't actually played a Warriors game and so this is all new to them and they think it's fun and the Zelda name also helps a lot.

Around the Network

Whoa, who let this thread survive?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.