By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Exclusive Sunset Overdrive is "The Opposite of The Last of Us" says Insomniac

.TheFallen said:

Jeez didn't realise I'd invoke so many replies. I wasn't saying I agreed with either side, I was justmaking an observation. Of course it was a generalisation as it was a GENERAL observation. Insomniac definitely have things to prove.

This is also a reply.

Around the Network

Wow what a ridicule generation we have... first, so called journalists looking to take out of context every bits of words devs say to craft a click bait article. Second we have gamers that can't seem to read these crappy articles but the title and then start sprouting nonsense.

Being the opposite doesn't means being bad, it mostly mean different. Both TLOU and SO are set in a post apocalyptic world with mutated humans and in both games you have to survive that apocalypse. But where they are opposite is in their approach of gameplay, realism, story and some more. It doesn't mean one is bad and the other is not.

To me it's like Star Wars vs old Star Trek... both are set in a futuristic setting but while one is geared towards realism the other has all these flashy things and powers etc.

Opposite of one of my favorite games of all time.

YAY?

TheFallen said:

It's quite funny to see PS owners say that insomniac have fallen from grace (they have going by recent games) and Xbox owners suddenly thinking that they are a good developer (unlike during the ps3 days where they said they were mediocre). Sorta like the the Bungie situation in reverse, except PS owners definitely got the better deal.

eh, not really

That did not do the game any justice and the comparison is really...off.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

The sad thing about this whole subject is that the guy probably said that SO's atmosphere is "the opposite of the Last of Us" (which if you've heard of either game, you know is true) and they probably took the one portion of the phrase out for the title because they know it'd get viewers. They don't have the actual interview available so I don't know for sure. Journalists....

Title is stupid.
Discussion is pointless.
Subtle insult of either platforms exclusive games is childish and annoying.
Responses to these or deluded interpretations of the preceding posts share in that characteristic.

Explanation is superflous.

The title was structured in order to spark controversy and get attention.

Good day, sir.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Metacritic 5 confirmed?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They really shouldn't compare themselves in any way to TLOU or ND in general. It won't end well

Should have said it was the opposite of "Fuse" as that was a fun looking game that ended up being pretty dry and boring.