By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Exclusive Sunset Overdrive is "The Opposite of The Last of Us" says Insomniac

This sounds like it was taken out of context, like it was an answer to a question. Not all games are the same, and it will be interesting to see the 4th wall broken.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
TheFallen said:
It's quite funny to see PS owners say that insomniac have fallen from grace (they have going by recent games) and Xbox owners suddenly thinking that they are a gfood developer (unlike during the ps3 days where they said they were mediocre). Sorta like the the Bungie situation in reverse, except PS owners definitely got the better deal.

So much irony/hypocrisy in your post.

When did you conduct a research and came up with the conclusion that most of Xbox owners think that way?

And you already concluded that Destiny is a better game than Sunset O., even though the latter haven't released yet.

Also, Destiny is multiplat.

Goatseye said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Wow. I'm shocked at the responses here. The last of us isn't being ridiculed here. But rather the developer is saying we made a game. Not a movie with some levels to go through. They have made a proper game with exploration, fun, and all the wacky stuff that almost all developers have forgotten about these days. whether you like or dislike TLOU, there are tons of story driven b-movie games out there.

Sunset Overdrive is a full on game that doesn't take itself seriously at all. And bravo. we don't need another halo, uncharted, gears of war, Tlou clone.

Have gamers of today really forgotten games don't have to be these plot driven b-movie titles all the time?

I think the devs info is a breath of fresh air in a linear story driven market.

I would advise you to get out of here. It's a ban bait.

Yeah quite. How the devs words are being twisted is crazy. He even says he likes tlou. I'll leave the conspiracy theorists to it.

Ot though. Good to hear we aren't just getting story driven linear games this gen. Looking forward to something more akin to dreamcasts days of fun.

Kresnik said:
The Last of Us was critically and commercially well received, so...

:(

Lol exactly what I was thinking

At the surface, this seems like a completely retarded comment to make because it's out of nowhere and a strange comparison to make. But dig deeper, and I think he's just trying to differentiate Insomniac from Naughty Dog. Think about it:

ND makes Crash, Insomniac makes Spyro

ND makes Jak and Daxter, Insomniac makes Ratchet and Clank

ND makes a TPS (Uncharted), Insomniac makes an FPS (Resistance)

Throughout each teams development careers in recent history (exclusively with Sony), they've made extremely similar games. So, maybe Marcus was just saying "our game isn't going to be similar to theirs, this time". In that regard, I think his comment makes sense.

Around the Network
TheFallen said:

It's quite funny to see PS owners say that insomniac have fallen from grace (they have going by recent games) and Xbox owners suddenly thinking that they are a good developer (unlike during the ps3 days where they said they were mediocre). Sorta like the the Bungie situation in reverse, except PS owners definitely got the better deal.

Xbox One owners get both games... If you're a gamer that's the better deal.

I think it's more accurate to say it's nothing like TLOU.  Opposite implies they belong in the same realm, like the other side of a coin.  

Beef is the opposite of ice cream.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

TheFallen said:

It's quite funny to see PS owners say that insomniac have fallen from grace (they have going by recent games) and Xbox owners suddenly thinking that they are a good developer (unlike during the ps3 days where they said they were mediocre). Sorta like the the Bungie situation in reverse, except PS owners definitely got the better deal.

That is kinda funny, fanboysm is funny.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The last of is a sony exclusive sunset overdrive a microsoft exclusive
The last of us is available on multiple devices, sunset overdrive is bound to one
The last of us sold really well Sunset overdrive will not?
The last of us was one of the best games of the gen, Sunset probally won't be
Other opposites
Serious vs Not taking anything seriously (isn't a bad thing)
Doom and Gloom vs Boom and more boom
Mature, Fun for all

Fair is fair they are two opposites

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar