By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking sub-HD console game?

Tagged games:

Mario Galaxy 2!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

Muramasa is my pick

Also good: Okami, Galaxy, Red Steel 2

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

If you're targeting sub full hd killzone shadow fall, since it isn't technically native 1080p someone even filed a lawsuite for it. If you're targeting sub 720p, Galaxy 2 or Brawl I guess, those games looked stunning on a smaller sized screen, looked like crap if I used the full 42 inched of my screen tough.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

curl-6 said:

So we can only guess at the actual resolution, but a 720p window minus black bars means sub-HD, that makes sense to me.

Kind of like The Order 1886 running at 800x1920.

Explains how they were able to get such impressive graphics out of the PS3 hardware.

Others include Dragon's Dogma as well as other games I don't know of ... 

It's definitely one the reasons why Quantic Dream was able to achieve a technical showcase with Beyond Two Souls. While the anti aliasing isn't perfect it still does a good job and the shading as well as lighting look both nice and soft. 

I'd even dare say that it looks more gorgeous than The Last of Us on the PS3 ... 

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

So we can only guess at the actual resolution, but a 720p window minus black bars means sub-HD, that makes sense to me.

Kind of like The Order 1886 running at 800x1920.

Explains how they were able to get such impressive graphics out of the PS3 hardware.

Others include Dragon's Dogma as well as other games I don't know of ... 

It's definitely one the reasons why Quantic Dream was able to achieve a technical showcase with Beyond Two Souls. While the anti aliasing isn't perfect it still does a good job and the shading as well as lighting look both nice and soft. 

I'd even dare say that it looks more gorgeous than The Last of Us on the PS3 ... 

I would agree with you there, in terms of sheer fidelity, it's unmatched on PS3, though God of War Ascension comes close. In my humble opinion, anyway.

Around the Network

Gran turismo 4 ps2
Resident evil Remake gamecube

curl-6 said:

I would agree with you there, in terms of sheer fidelity, it's unmatched on PS3, though God of War Ascension comes close. In my humble opinion, anyway.

My hopes for this current generation is that by the end of the current HD twins life cycle we get a sub-HD game that exhibits a more sophisticated global illumination algorithm such as photon mapping and none of this crappy SSAO or the recently demoed Nvidia VXGI. Photon mapping certainly has the best quality/cost aspect for global illumination and on the bright side we'll be getting some awesome real time accurate caustics. (The patches of sharp light you see on the ground being produced by light passing transparent and refractive materials. Not only that but you even get reflected caustics as well by looking at the reflected patches of light you see on the glass!) 

Hopefully by the next generation we'll be switching to the ultimate unified global illumination solution such as vertex connection and merging which combines the benefits of bidirectional path tracing and stochastic progressive photon mapping. Games will looks so real that a lot of people will have a tough time wondering if their playing a game or a virtual reality ... 

Super Mario Galaxy or Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III IMO.

Mario Galaxy, Epic Yarn, Xenoblade and Skyward Sword.. Too lazy to think of other games...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Final Fantasy XII

http://kh13.com/, for everything Kingdom Hearts.