By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking sub-HD console game?

Tagged games:

Wright said:

Battlefield 3 is sub-HD?

Yep.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-battlefield-3

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Wright said:

Battlefield 3 is sub-HD?

Yep.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-battlefield-3

1280x704 due to letter box or 1280x720?

...maybe this thread should have been for non-HD consoles?

Hmm, pie.

Mario Galaxy
Xenoblade
Muramasa
Metroid Prime 3

super mario galaxy

wind waker

f zero gx

metroid pime 

resident evil 4

star wars rogue squadron II

theres so much games...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I'd say Super Mario Galaxy (1 or 2, either one really) and Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
SvennoJ said:

A 2.35:1 movie presented in 720p is still called HD, Beyond two souls doesn't qualify.

Zalda windwaker on GC is the best looking sub HD console game.

What you're saying makes no sense ... Beyond Two Souls resolution is 540x1280 which is a far cry from the standard 720x1280 HD resolution. 

I dunno, maybe it's an American thing. But you've got the numbers backwards. I'm just hilariously imagining playing a game looking like this:

instead of this:

gears of war 3 and mario kart wii

Xenoblade comes to mind.

Yeah, up close those character faces were terrible, but the levels were just a feast on the eyes. Wish Nintendo would do an HD port, but its notlikely now that the 3DS version is coming out.

BMaker11 said:

I dunno, maybe it's an American thing. But you've got the numbers backwards. I'm just hilariously imagining playing a game looking like this:

Nope, X axis then Y axis then Z axis. Just a mistake on their part probably because HD and other resolutions are names after the Y number. It's not like dates (where the American's do it wrong btw).

Hmm, pie.

since when is below 1080p hd? i go with ryse...