By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kamiya on Bayonetta 2.

“As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…”

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
altonAbbey said:
I don't think anyone's asking for Bayo 2 on those systems. At most they're saying that's where it should have been, which is entirely different.

You registered this year, so it's understandable, but the bitching, meltdowns and port begging for this game was one of the biggest I've seen in the last years.

Intrinsic said:

I am not saying it didn't do well, hell demon's souls which was an exclusive on PS3 did just around 1.8M. I know thats great for niche titles. But demon souls went in the right direction, they went multiplatform, dark souls went on to sell around 3M or so. I just feel that all the attention and hype this game seems to get doesn't match its sales at all. Makes me think we are dealing with a very very loud minority.

On another note I think its also a very nintendo fan problem too, they hype evry game to infinity and back, but when the game is released they don't buy it.

It wasn't a Nintendo fan problem, the meltdowns and port begging was what scale this whole thing.

DaltonAbbey said:
At least one person in the world is still asking for it? Well congrats. I guess there is some point to be made. Because of one person.

Oh, it was way more than a person, the thing is that this is the only guy that keeps bitching.

Nem said:

I dont think you know Nintendo very well.

Nintendo owns the final code. SEGA has at best right for the partial code before Nintendo funded the project. If they can make a game they can sell with that, yeah they can release another Bayonetta title. But it will be a completely different title than the one that is out on the Wii U developed by Platinum. Face it, dude, it impossible for Bayonetta 2 to go to other consoles unless Nintendo goes third party, wich is also very unlikely. Nintendo owns this game. I think its time to accept that.

I think that part is from ryuzaki's thread, not from him.

OT: “As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…”

I lol'd.

WhiteEaglePL said:
holmen said:

Simple as that, but sadly some people cant figure it out.

That's completely accurate, and I'm considering buying a wiiu for bay2.

My problem is that makes it to a very hefty price tag for one game.

Then don't just buy 1 game. I actually bought a Wii U three weeks ago , mainly for Bayonetta 1 + 2. I will later get AC 4 , Starfox and Zelda.

And Possibly Smash or Pikmin 3 to add for my collection, well basically, this year I will buy 3 more games alongside the MK8 from the bundle.

It was worth it.

Well, somewhat considering getting pikmin 3, guess that would halve the price per game at least :)

I admire how well made the nintendo games are made but sadly most of them are just not really for me

WhiteEaglePL said:
holmen said:
Maraccuda said:
Dadrik said:
No wonder he gets so pissed from time to time. Gamers are retards sometimes, seriously...
Nintendo made this game possible, if you want to play it, buy a goddamn WiiU.

Simple as that, but sadly some people cant figure it out.

That probably needs to be the slogan in a tv ad or on the box.

That's completely accurate, and I'm considering buying a wiiu for bay2.

My problem is that makes it to a very hefty price tag for one game.

Then don't just buy 1 game. I actually bought a Wii U three weeks ago , mainly for Bayonetta 1 + 2. I will later get AC 4 , Starfox and Zelda.

And Possibly Smash or Pikmin 3 to add for my collection, well basically, this year I will buy 3 more games alongside the MK8 from the bundle.

It was worth it.

And if you plan to them digitally, hurry up and buy them before the end of the year to get 10 percent back in eShop credit.

WhiteEaglePL said:

“Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company."

Judging from sales, the publishers had the right idea.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Seriously, I'm guessing Kamiya is just really annoyed at this point at three groups of people:
1. Those who keep asking for a sequel to The Wonderful 101
2. Port-beggars (You know who you are.)
3. #GamerGaters.

What the fuck do GamerGate people have to do with this? I only recently found out about it, but apparently it has to do with the relationship of the gaming journalists with people in the industry? I've seen no evidence that Kamiya is one of the people guilty of the corruption the GamerGate people are attacking. That's all the publishers and the journalists that they're after, not developers that are being yelled at by their fans for being unable to develop on a certain platform.

I've also never seen anyone begging Kamiya for a W101 sequel. I own the game, am a fan, and would buy a sequel. I would know if there was a movement for a sequel that had any momentum. The only group of people that prompted Kamiya to make these statements were the portbeggers, of which there are still droves of stupid people who are convinced that it's possible to get the game ported and that it's just a matter of begging hard enough.

Nem said:
padib said:
DaltonAbbey said:
I don't think anyone's asking for Bayo 2 on those systems. At most they're saying that's where it should have been, which is entirely different.

and @all other people saying "this was crystal clear to all" or "I don't see the point of this thread"... Recent thread quoted:

Bayonetta 2 initially in development for Sega, Kamiya says

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6700394

Let me sum it up for you : Sega has the IP, they have Bayo 2 versions likely out of their agreement with Nintendo, and they have plenty of customers to satisfy. Why wouldn't Sega take advantage of that and sell a Bayo 2 Climax edition to the numerous Bayonetta fans waiting in the cold, crying in front of WiiU shelves? 

I dont think you know Nintendo very well.

Nintendo owns the final code. SEGA has at best right for the partial code before Nintendo funded the project. If they can make a game they can sell with that, yeah they can release another Bayonetta title. But it will be a completely different title than the one that is out on the Wii U developed by Platinum. Face it, dude, it impossible for Bayonetta 2 to go to other consoles unless Nintendo goes third party, wich is also very unlikely. Nintendo owns this game. I think its time to accept that.

Not only that, but if SEGA didn't have confidence in the original project, why would it fund a different version after the real Bayo2 is already out? It would face less sales because many will have already gotten the Wii U version.

He seems a bit more humble now, doesn't he?

Regardless, I'll never understand the childish way Platinum handles their PR. Release a comprehensive yet politely worded official statement and bam, you're done. Twitter has made companies stupid.

Though, from how Platinum handles themselves, I get the feeling they don't actually have anyone trained to handle PR. I suppose they normally just depend on publishers for that. Still, it's not rocket science.

Cant wait for 50 other threads about bayonetta going multiplat

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pokoko said:
He seems a bit more humble now, doesn't he?

Regardless, I'll never understand the childish way Platinum handles their PR. Release a comprehensive yet politely worded official statement and bam, you're done. Twitter has made companies stupid.

Though, from how Platinum handles themselves, I get the feeling they don't actually have anyone trained to handle PR. I suppose they normally just depend on publishers for that. Still, it's not rocket science.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. His tone has changed from ''F U'' to ''I have no say'' loool

Having said that I do like directors being direct with their audience and showing their true colours, I'd just hope that normally they'd be more charming ala Yohei Yoshida. Even when he's trolling, he's playful with it :)