By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kamiya on Bayonetta 2.

Are there people who still don´t understand the situation regarding Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo?..it was crystal clear before, now even more.Without Nintendo, the game would´ve never been developed, and it´s just as much a 1st party title as Mario, Zelda, etc...it really is quite simple.

Around the Network

He handled himself very well in that explanation

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

At least one person in the world is still asking for it? Well congrats. I guess there is some point to be made. Because of one person.

Tamron said:

You seriously think Bayonetta was one of the best games of last gen?
I thought it was terrible.

Ehh, its better to say it was a critically acclaimed game, scoring at a solid 90 on the version that didn't suck, and developed a solid niche following by the DMC-style gameplay crowd and general action fans.

It was over-the-top and the story is hardly "good" but the game does what it set out to do well, and became popular (relatively speaking) for it.

padib said:
DaltonAbbey said:
I don't think anyone's asking for Bayo 2 on those systems. At most they're saying that's where it should have been, which is entirely different.

and @all other people saying "this was crystal clear to all" or "I don't see the point of this thread"... Recent thread quoted:

Bayonetta 2 initially in development for Sega, Kamiya says

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6700394

Let me sum it up for you : Sega has the IP, they have Bayo 2 versions likely out of their agreement with Nintendo, and they have plenty of customers to satisfy. Why wouldn't Sega take advantage of that and sell a Bayo 2 Climax edition to the numerous Bayonetta fans waiting in the cold, crying in front of WiiU shelves? 

I dont think you know Nintendo very well.

Nintendo owns the final code. SEGA has at best right for the partial code before Nintendo funded the project. If they can make a game they can sell with that, yeah they can release another Bayonetta title. But it will be a completely different title than the one that is out on the Wii U developed by Platinum. Face it, dude, it impossible for Bayonetta 2 to go to other consoles unless Nintendo goes third party, wich is also very unlikely. Nintendo owns this game. I think its time to accept that.

Around the Network

If you guys need more proof that Nintendo has ownership over this game:

Note that it says "Nintendo, SEGA, and PlatinumGames are the authors of this software for the purpose of copyright. All rights reserved."

Copyright statements appear in the credits of games Nintendo funds and produces (and by virtue has ownership over) nowadays. Nintendo has ownership over this game, so port-beggars really need to stop port-begging FFS.

NNID: TheCCluc

Maraccuda said:
Dadrik said:
No wonder he gets so pissed from time to time. Gamers are retards sometimes, seriously...
Nintendo made this game possible, if you want to play it, buy a goddamn WiiU.

Simple as that, but sadly some people cant figure it out.

That probably needs to be the slogan in a tv ad or on the box.

That's completely accurate, and I'm considering buying a wiiu for bay2.

My problem is that makes it to a very hefty price tag for one game.

holmen said:
Maraccuda said:
Dadrik said:
No wonder he gets so pissed from time to time. Gamers are retards sometimes, seriously...

Then don't just buy 1 game. I actually bought a Wii U three weeks ago , mainly for Bayonetta 1 + 2. I will later get AC 4 , Starfox and Zelda.

And Possibly Smash or Pikmin 3 to add for my collection, well basically, this year I will buy 3 more games alongside the MK8 from the bundle.

It was worth it.

holmen said:
Maraccuda said:
Dadrik said:

Get Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Problem solved!

teigaga said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
teigaga said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I can see why Sega didn't want it anymore. I really don't rate Kamiya at all, his upcoming Xbox exclusive Scalebound sounds good so far but I'm thinking it may turn out to be another Platinum flop

Beyonetta wasn't a flop though. Beyonetta 2 probably wouldn't have been if it was for XB One and PS4 and theres still time for the west to make it a hit on Wii U. I'm surprised Sega holted development, what else did they intend on investing on? Beyonetta is one of the most successful console games they've had in a long while. 

Clearly, yearly Sonic.

Well Nintendo gobbled that up too lol. They might as well just buy Sega... And least that way we'd probably see more of direction within the company. I really have no idea what sega stand for in 2014. Gosh I miss the Dreamcast days :( 

I was looking at my case for Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram the other day, and a song from Jet Grind Radio came up on my playlist. Me too man, me too. :(