By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - does still some1 deny the "x360 owner are more satisfied and ps3 owners shift faster to curren gen" fact?

So you're theory is that once people finally get tired of 360, millions of people are going to run out and buy a XBone? You don't believe a single one will buy a PS4?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

It is a "fact" more ps3 owners went to ps4. What is not a fact is why. Try again.

and a lot of those upgrading to a new console buy the PS4 too...

Maybe current owners are more satisfied with their 360s than those who have PS3s, maybe not... However MS has proven unable to retain a lot of them, as every generations all customers are up for grabs (I don't know about you, but I certainly don't belong to either Sony or MS).. not only this, but the PS3 is selling much more than the 360.

I am not sure what MS gained from saying this, even if this is true, it means nothing good for the current MS.

prinz_valium said:

* at least in the uk?

after i posted several pattern with software YOY decline numbers (from neogaf) for ps3 and x360, many guys here told this was all just about the last of us software from 2013. and tried to spin as hard, as they could.

no we finally got fifa 15 numbers and beside cod, this is the biggest multiplat game.

lets have a look:

FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 836,000 / NEW

Xbox 360 (61%) - 509,960
PlayStation 3 (38%) - 317,680

FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 961,000 / NEW

PlayStation 4 (32%) - 307,520
Xbox 360 (30%) - 288,300  --> 43,5% YoY decline
Xbox One (22%) - 211,420
PlayStation 3 (15%) - 144,150 --> 54,5% YoY decline

Wait are you now trying to make more sales a bad thing? God xbots are desperate. Also its probably because the PS4 is actually an upgrade from a PS3 while the X1 is basically the same thing as the 360.

There are things called confounding variables and even one can pose a significant challenge when attempting to draw conclusions about two seemingly related things, this scenario has about 453 potential confounding variables.

Around the Network

There was statistic put out there that 1/3 of PS4 owners came over from the 360.
So don't fall for the PR crap Microsoft spews out.

iTechHeads said:
There was statistic put out there that 1/3 of PS4 owners came over from the 360.

Statistics from Sony, yes :) I guess you fall for this?

Imaginedvl said:
iTechHeads said:

Statistics from Sony, yes :) I guess you fall for this?

Well the PS4 is selling like hotcakes so yeah, it sounds very reasonable.

The two aren't comparable though. Sony's statistic is just that, a statistic of where their consumers are coming from.

Microsofts statement isn't backed up by any form of data, its just a defensive PR statement they made to explain the lack of XBO sales.(compared to PS4)

CoD PS3>360 (same goes for most multiplats these days) and yearly software sales for PS3 have been a lot higher than 360's for two years now.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

The thing that I keep coming back to whenever this is inevitably brought up (Microsoft being the first, I believe,) was 'Okay, sooo Xbox gamers are more satisfied? ...WHY?'

If we want to bring up facts, it's a fact that the Xbox 360's available content, (obviously referring to exclusive content) slanted heavily towards Kinect-only titles after the release of the Kinect. Meaning if you didn't have a Kinect, or weren't satisfied with only Kinect games, the available lineup of new exclusive titles on the 360 dried up pretty darn quickly. o.o Compared to the PS3's strong performance during the final years leading up to the PS4, in fact, the 360 just dropped the ball in a pretty big way.

So, especially given I've seen PLENTY of people on the Xbox side go on about how much better the Xbox One's exclusive lineup is than the PS4's this year, my question is; if the range and number, variety etc of exclusives is really so super duper important, than why on Earth would late-gen 360 gamers be 'more satisfied' than PS3 gamers, when they've had substantially less new content for two to three years, outside fidgity motion games?

I mean, sure, we could insist that the Kinect is pure-gold awesome, but I don't really buy that, given the less than fuzzy reception its successor received from the wider audience. If the argument here is 'Halo is so incredibly awesome, the Xbox 360 didn't actually NEED to have a diverse and sizable exclusives library to satisfy its user base, HALO IS ENOUGH.' then okaaay. o.o God knows there WERE people who would have been fine with just the few franchises Microsoft ended up focusing on, I'd just be really surprised if the majority of the userbase was that narrow in terms of tastes.

So yeah. =P I don't remember even Microsoft ever addressing that particular elephant in the room. Did they even really elaborate on WHY they thought their userbase was 'more satisfied?'

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.