By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official VGC SSBB Tournament Thread

I use Ventrilo for voice-chat. You just join a server, and you can talk to as many people as your server supports...we typically have about 10 friends in there regularly, I have no idea how many the thing can actually support though without lagging or something.

But it's great for playing SSB64 online, it'll be great for Brawl as well. My friend pays for the server though, so you'd have to find a Vent server or pay for a private server...something like $10 a month I believe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I use ventrilo for enemy territories too..... how do u play SSB64 online tho ? 0_O ?
Could just type in random port numbers and server ips and get on a vent server for free :) Done that a couple of times to harass ppl with voice soundboards.

My friend pays for the server though, so you'd have to find a Vent server or pay for a private server...something like $10 a month I believe.

But why can't we just use Skype??? (Or Even Google Talk) Skype even has a PSP version.

Skype's PC-PC features are completely free and has a limit of 24, as oppossed to the 8 you are limited for free Ventrilo

"For the past two years, 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 (depending upon platform) has been current. After version 2.1.2, Flagship Industries changed the software license governing the Ventrilo server to limit connection capacity of the freeware server to 8 users...

...Version 2.3.2 of the server can host a maximum of 200 connections, according to the included documentation. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventrilo "

Bottom line:

We should have a vote to decide which software to go with, and everyone should, and should be able to use the same software (preferably with no disadvantages to the guy who doesn't want to fork over a monthly fee)

The list of people who joined needs to be updated.

im definitely in.

i think that the only item that should be allowed to play is the pokeball and banana peel.

as for the levels, it should be completely random. it adds to the fun.

and they should make exact dates, (MARCH 16, 1:00 pm eastern time), for the tournament on the first post and once each tournament is over they post the winner. and they have one or two every week.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

I'm in.

i'm not a huge fan of items though but it's alright

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Wow, this is definitely my kind of tourney! Please put me on the list. I've already booked March 9 and 10 off work during march break muahahaha.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Hey guys, just joined for the tournament, even though I've been lurking since the Dojo first started. So put me down for the Brawl tourney. Thanks

L.C.E.C. said:

My friend pays for the server though, so you'd have to find a Vent server or pay for a private server...something like $10 a month I believe.

But why can't we just use Skype??? (Or Even Google Talk) Skype even has a PSP version.

Skype's PC-PC features are completely free and has a limit of 24, as oppossed to the 8 you are limited for free Ventrilo

"For the past two years, 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 (depending upon platform) has been current. After version 2.1.2, Flagship Industries changed the software license governing the Ventrilo server to limit connection capacity of the freeware server to 8 users...

...Version 2.3.2 of the server can host a maximum of 200 connections, according to the included documentation. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventrilo "

Bottom line:

We should have a vote to decide which software to go with, and everyone should, and should be able to use the same software (preferably with no disadvantages to the guy who doesn't want to fork over a monthly fee)

On World of Warcraft, Vent is the universal standard. I've never used Skype, but it sounds like ebonics for being drunk, and high on cocain.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'd be glad to participate. Also, I'd think a Ventrilo server would be the best option as well.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612