By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4's total software sales surpass those of Wii U

Cool! 326 73.26%

Not cool... 119 26.74%

Total:445
QuintonMcLeod said:
Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

But these are multiplats. Having the most multiplats sold over another console that is not getting multiplats is a very warped way to view this. How about we compare total exclusive software sold? I mean, wouldn't that make more sense?

It is fair. If Nintendo wanted more software sales they would make sure multiplat games actually release on their console. They choose to compete without them, and this is the result... they lose.

And how do you propose Nintendo do that? Nintendo isn't going to pay for these multiplats to exist on their system like Sony and Microsoft have been. I mean... They are a business, are they not?

So, what should Nintendo do?

Wait, what?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Congratulating PC is idiotic, there is no centralized manufacturer. If you have to congratulate some one, focus on the distributors.

Congratulating a manufacturer on their products ability to move software is less silly but still pretty dumb.

But its a free forum.

Instead, this is more than adequate

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Quinton in a business world you spend money to make money. Nintendo have been extremely scabby with their funds and are reaping the rewards.

Why haven't they invested in new IP's like Sony? They no longer make most of their top games from the PS1 and PS2 days. Instead we get new ip's some bad, some good and some great.

Why are they not buying big exclusive system sellers like microsoft?

Why are they not building a more powerful and easy to develop console?

Why are they advertising it on the cheap?

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Nintendo have only themselves to blame for becoming more irrelevant by the year. They certainly had to funds to do all of the above but the longer they go on the less they'll have in future. Right now the hole they're in just keeps getting bigger.

MS have unlimited funds (effectively) to keep going if they want and Sony have the marketshare and sales. Nintendo would want a change of plans because if they're next consoles fail so will they.

This is false D:
Nintendo said there were 36.67 million games sold as of june so this can´t be :/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html

boypita said:
This is false D:
Nintendo said there were 36.67 million games sold as of june so this can´t be :/

Well Nintendo shows numbers sold to retailers not to consumers, and maybe that includes eShop too?

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
boypita said:
This is false D:

It can be because that includes digital. If Sony were to include digital they would have an awful lot more. 

spurgeonryan said:
And people say the PS4 has no games. Not me...but people.

Amazing!

when the first 12 months for Xbox 1 and PS4 are up people will finally accept that both ad a kick as first year on the market. 

Dallinor said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Doesn't negate the fact that Sony makes very little money on software sales.

But that isn't the point I was trying to make.

First party sure, the link you provided shows that. However third parties pay massive amounts in royalties.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/activision-we-might-have-to-stop-supporting-sony

"According to the report, Activision paid USD 500 million in royalties to Sony last year."

That's some serious money from software.

But Sony still reported a loss of over 1 billion dollars that year:
http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

And this from all from the Playstation division no less.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

But these are multiplats. Having the most multiplats sold over another console that is not getting multiplats is a very warped way to view this. How about we compare total exclusive software sold? I mean, wouldn't that make more sense?

It is fair. If Nintendo wanted more software sales they would make sure multiplat games actually release on their console. They choose to compete without them, and this is the result... they lose.

And how do you propose Nintendo do that? Nintendo isn't going to pay for these multiplats to exist on their system like Sony and Microsoft have been. I mean... They are a business, are they not?

So, what should Nintendo do?

Wait, what?

What are you asking me?

ICStats said:

Well Nintendo shows numbers sold to retailers not to consumers, and maybe that includes eShop too?

Those are, at the very least, 100% accurate numbers vs. VGC.