By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your GOTY 2014 so far?

My GOTY 2014 so far is

Mario Kart 8 133 37.05%

Infamous: Second Son 47 13.09%

Dark Souls 2 33 9.19%

Destiny 23 6.41%

Titanfall 21 5.85%

Wolfenstein: The New Order 13 3.62%

Something Else 89 24.79%

Total:359

DK TF is a great game i know it is not for kids as the gameplay is more harder than the typical mario games.

Destiny and MK8 are good shouts. Let's wait if they would push for SSB for GOTY

Around the Network

Like I said before, my answer would have to be Mk8.. It's such a well-crafted MK game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mario Kart 8 without question.

I haven't played that many games released in 2014, my pick would be Mario Kart 8 though.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

kitler53 said:
destiny. it is going to be my GotG most likely.

GotG?...already?...this gen barely started, and there´s Bloodborne :)

Around the Network

JGarret said:

GotG is a way early to say.

But Destiny is suppose to be supported the whole generation... so it can reach there... Desitny shares some key features from MMOs and they grow and get better with time (lik wine).

Can't wait to see how Destiny will be at the end of generation.

My game of the year will come out next Tuesday, Forza Horizon 2.

South Park, Wolfenstein a close second. The Last of Us Remastered is easily the best game but I agree not to include it. Haven't played Mario Kart 8 but wouldn't doubt that its GoTY worthy, looks fantastic .

JGarret said:
kitler53 said:
destiny. it is going to be my GotG most likely.

bloodborne looks amazing,. certainly looks like it will be one of my favorite games of the gen.

...but destiny is so perfect for me.   all of last gen i either avoided online multiplayer or if i did play i stayed in the co-op modes.  thing is those co-op modes are really just recycled multiplayer maps with bots.  it was fun but it was also an afterthought.   destiny is the first game (on consoles) that give me what i really want,.. a central focus on pve.   i played WoW for about 6 years doing really nothing but raids because that is what i like to do.  pvp can, imo, go fuck itself.

everyone is saying that destiny is a "grind" because all one can do is replay missions over and over again.  i soo don't understand that mentality because 20M+ people played CoD in the same 10 or whatever mp maps over and over and over and over again.   great,.. you love pvp but i don't.  but CoD isn't a bad game it is a bad game for me.   destiny is the first game on consoles that really treats pve as a real focus of the game.   1 raid, 6 strikes, 21 heroric story misssions,.. that's not a grind for me.    ..that's the most feature rich pve online mulitplayer game to ever hit consoles.    and bungie keeps adding more content.

i have no idea why people have their panties in such a bunch over destiny.   this game is amazing and i know myself,..  this is going to be my GotG.   if you don't like pve fine,.. that doesn't make destiny a bad game. 

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

While technically an HD remaster, this is the first time it was released in the west. Don't think anything better will release in the next months.