By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - prediction: Mario Kart 8 will outsell Destiny(PS4) in 2014 !!!

I don't think so. But Destiny's won't have good legs like MK8 due to the mediocre reviews so lifetime, MK8 has a chance to overtake the PS4 version.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I will never understand what comparing the sales of an exclusive to the sales of a multiplat, but from one console, will prove.

That being said, probably.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ethomaz said:
Destiny is a leg game... sales won't drop.

PS4 alone will do over 5 million.

Mario Kart didn't have userbase for that.

ethomaz helloo....46% attach rate of mario kart ;) you know attach rate is that really counts, not the userbase!p.s i m surprised, you defend destiny a lot and it s not a sony exclusivity lol ;)

double post

Areym said:
I will never understand what comparing the sales of an exclusive to the sales of a multiplat, but from one console, will prove.

That being said, probably.

a  lot...!destiny on ps4 is the highest selling version,comparing  a game which is on one console with one that s is on five is unfair...!so we compare the exclusivity with the highest selling  version of a multiplat game!

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:

Lifetime, almost for sure...

But even this year, is much probabily.

If the VGChartz number are correct, Destiny have sold less than 1.1m in USA. 200K in UK, and 100K in Japan. more than 2m globally?

In any case, i don't think that this year, Destiny will break 5,000,000... will sell good, but imho, Mario kart 8 will sell more than 5,000,000.

And if you think that is impossible because "have sold only 2.6 million now!"

New Super Mario Bros U have sold around 1.5 million on November+December 2013... Mario Kart 8 will sell of course more, so, with the September-October sales, that will be easy above 300,000-350,000, and with other 2,000,000-2,500,000 will sell above 5,000,000 by end of 2014.

So, Destiny for PS4 < Mario kart 8

This is only my opinion. 

There are several things wrong here..

Activision/Bungie announced 325 million sold through for Destiny.. That is sold to customers..     That was in the first 5 days alone.. that equals 5.5 million...  

So.. You are arong on the current sales.. and what it will do... It exceeded 5.5 million in the first 5 days..    and is likely at 6-7 million by now..   

Second..   Mario Kart will NOT sell 5 mil by 2014. It won't even do 2.5 million..  (now this is my opinion)..     So it will be probably 2 million vs 9 million of Destiny by end of 2014..  No way a game on on system with less then 10 million consoles sold worldwide.. will outsell most HYPED game of 2014 that is in consoles totalling over 150 million..  (PS4, X1, X360, PS3)

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

I think it's a easy prediction.

prinz_valium said:
ethomaz said:

wut?

no good reviews.

and there is no way it will do 5m on ps4 alone until end of 2014.

At least 52 good/positive reviews...http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny/critic-reviews

Want to bet?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

tak13 said:
ethomaz said:

ethomaz helloo....46% attach rate of mario kart ;) you know attach rate is that really counts, not the userbase!p.s i m surprised, you defend destiny a lot and it s not a sony exclusivity lol ;)

Actually its attach rate is more like 36% so assuming it doesn't change, WiiU would need to reach almost 14m by the end of the year for MK to reach 5m...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
tak13 said:
ethomaz said:

Actually its attach rate is more like 36% so assuming it doesn't change, WiiU would need to reach almost 14m by the end of the year for MK to reach 5m...

nope...you know,it s undertacked here ;) it must have sold 3m till now!so attach rate is 40%+