By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My favourite JRPGs of all time and yours?

Persona 4 is..

The best RPG of all time! 29 15.43%

Fantastic, I love it. 51 27.13%

A exciting and good game. 25 13.30%

It's okay, I rather like western rpgs 4 2.13%

Sorry, never played on PS2 or PSVita. 79 42.02%

Total:188

I haven't played tons of rpgs yet so don't judge me too harshly. And yes I know not all of these are considered to be jrpg.

1.Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Fire Emblem( Gba)
3. Final Fantasy 4
4. Paper Mario
5. Breadth of Fire 2

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Well, considering I place Final Fantasy X as not only the greatest JRPG ever, but also the greatest game ever too... I'm guessing it's easy to figure out which takes my number one place, lol...

Yep, I got Yuna tattooed on my arm last week! This is gonna' be turning into a full sleeve guys ;)

Gonna put Tidus on your leg??

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Final Fantasy IX and Tactics. Love everything about them and I replay them every few years. I own some other big jrpgs like Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni, and a few Tales games but haven't been able to get time for them

Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

zeldazero said:

1. Chronotrigger
2. Dragon Warrior 4
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Breath of Fire
6. Final Fantasy IX
7. Final Fantasy VII
8. Dragon Quest VIII
9. Dragon Quest V (PS2)
10. Wild Arms Alter Code F

Once they stopped turn based I stopped playing them :(

I feel your pain, my interest in jrpgs fell off when they moved away from turned based combat.

Around the Network

Hmmm. I'm not going to list them in any particular order, but I really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Final Fantasy III, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Tales of Symphonia.

NNID: TheCCluc

NobleTeam360 said:

I'm kind of new to the series but I loved Star Ocean the Last Hope, the story was really good imo and I don't get why it gets so much hate. 

Play the rest of the series.  Or atleast play Star Ocean The Second Story or Second Evolution and First Departure.  Or just play more RPGs.  That should bump it off your list of favorites pretty quick.

Symbios63 said:
1 - Shining Force III (Saturn) Who would have guessed ? :)

With your signature of the first Shining Force, I think most people would have guessed wrong.

KH2, FF7, 8 and 9. Star Ocean: Till end of Time (3).

I personally never expect to another Star Ocean game ever, the voice acting and sound ruined Last Hope for me.

Hmm, pie.

Symbios63 said:
1 - Shining Force III (Saturn) Who would have guessed ? :)

With your signature of the first Shining Force, I think most people would have guessed wrong.

Yeah, signature is a fanart of the first Shining Force. Great game by the way.

My avatar is definitely Shining Force III though... Let's say people had a 50/50 chance of guessing right. Not so bad...

My favorite JRPG of all time has to be Paper Mario TTYD. The masterpiece that is Final Fantasy IX is not too far behind either.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---