By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev Facing Problems In CoD: Advanced Warfare XOne Development, Another Resolution-gate Controversy?

PS4 is more powerful, of course every game on XBone will suffer; can be a drop of res, graphics, effects, it's up to the devs.

The only way to have the XBone version on par with PS4 is that devs don't push at all PS4 but they push XBone, or the game is not demanding.

But we know it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CoD doesn't even look that great, so the fact that Xbox won't be able to reach 1080p is disappointing but I expect this to be a thing the whole gen. No point in harping over it every time a major release comes out.

Of course we will. There will be a lot people who want constant confirmation that they bought the best product and they even feel better if they can rub this into dekusional people's noses. See what happens if both versions are equal?

If both versions are equal, it would be really sad for these reasons :

1) MS are pushing($$$) for this.

2) Devs are so lazy that they don't care to push the most powerful hardware.

3) The Game is not demanding, not 'next gen', and is easy running on both at same res and frame rate.

Choose one.

In any case, it would be really sad :(

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
walsufnir said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CoD doesn't even look that great, so the fact that Xbox won't be able to reach 1080p is disappointing but I expect this to be a thing the whole gen. No point in harping over it every time a major release comes out.

Of course we will. There will be a lot people who want constant confirmation that they bought the best product and they even feel better if they can rub this into dekusional people's noses. See what happens if both versions are equal?

If both versions are equal, it would be really sad for these reasons :

1) MS are pushing($$$) for this.

2) Devs are so lazy that they don't care to push the most powerful hardware.

3) The Game is not demanding, not 'next gen', and is easy running on both at same res and frame rate.

Choose one.

In any case, it would be really sad :(

I already gave reasons in this thread:

----------

Why worried? What do you expect them to do? Making a statement to a "rumor" which was made up from a twitter account whose owner is a huge PS4 fanboy?

But let's put it that way: better than we would know by now it'd be 1080p because of

- "parity all the way"

- "MS paid them to gimp PS4 version"

- "PS4 has better hardware, they better use it!"

talk.

But I am curious why you are worried?

I missed your reasons...

I could be 'worried' if "MS paid them to gimp PS4 version".
This would be bad for gamers who own the best hardware=PS4. Nothing would change for XBox gamers if PS4 had better graphics and performance, they would play the same game, but of course is worst for MS which always had the best COD games on 360. MS are scared to have the opposite this gen, on a game which was the key of part of their success.

We will see if MS paid, very soon :)
I hope no.

Harriet Tubman.

Xenostar said:
Another pointless thread, PS4 is more powerful we know this.

On graphically intense games it will always have a slightly better Resolution OR a more consistent frame rate, occasionally it will have both.

We dont need to keep going over this.

Why hide it?

My only problem is the people in denial about it, this should not degenerate in long winded arguments about MS magic secret sauce clout powered DX 12 BS excuses...

The articles are fine, they even generally down play it quite a bit (this is also what's causing the strong reactions, who are these people to tell that you really can't tell the difference, when it's actually quite obvious and easy to see?)

There is also the fact that MS first demoed their machine running full 1080p demos that ran at a perfect 60fps back at E3 2013 (Ryse, Forza 5 and Titanfall anyway they all got real downgrades), they made a big deal of performance and used it as a talking point... instead of downplaying it.

Then there is the Wii U situation, it did not sell much mainly because the specs are lacking, despite Nintendo's best effort to deliver what appears to be great 1st party games!.. Why should the XB1 be left alone on this aspect of their console?

Now the multi-platform titles on the XB1 are generally shipping in a very playable form, the less demanding games are virtually identical too! The consoles are close enough to make this claim...

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Aura7541 said:
It has been several hours since the rumor came out. Neither MS nor Sledgehammer has come out and said "the X1 version for COD: AW will definitely be 1080p." This is very worrying...

Why worried? What do you expect them to do? Making a statement to a "rumor" which was made up from a twitter account whose owner is a huge PS4 fanboy?

But let's put it that way: better than we would know by now it'd be 1080p because of

- "parity all the way"

talk.

Actually I would love to know why so many people who actually do not give a shit about the Xbox One are so worried when some "surprising" news like that come out :) Or... could it be they are NOT really worried? Hum...

Another pointless thread.

Imaginedvl said:
walsufnir said:
Aura7541 said:
It has been several hours since the rumor came out. Neither MS nor Sledgehammer has come out and said "the X1 version for COD: AW will definitely be 1080p." This is very worrying...

- "parity all the way"

talk.

Actually I would love to know why so many people who actually do not give a shit about the Xbox One are so worried when some "surprising" news like that come out :) Or... could it be they are NOT really worried? Hum...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/concern_troll

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

walsufnir said:
Imaginedvl said:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/concern_troll

DOH! Makes sense now... :)

walsufnir said:
Aura7541 said:

- "parity all the way"

talk.

I hardly believe Tidux, but this is one of the situations where he makes a "well, duh" statement. See, Tidux annoys me for two reasons: claiming that he does have info when he doesn't and stating the obvious, but treating it as if it's something no one knew yet. This situtation represents the latter.

And I'm worried because I'm worried. Gotta lighten up dude

bananaking21 said:
AZWification said:

Haven't heard about him in a while! I wonder if he's OK! :/

he will rise again when there is something worth it

OK, then! I will be here waiting for his comeback.. Hopefully I won't die waiting!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---