By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev Facing Problems In CoD: Advanced Warfare XOne Development, Another Resolution-gate Controversy?

Intrinsic said:

If your argument is "yes, every gam runs better on the PS4, but in majority of the cases these differences are hard to dicern by the avergae gamer" then I doubt anyone would argue with you. And those that do will likely only claim that they can see the differences just fine. Thats their problem.

I´ve been saying that for more than one year. And that only gave me the label of "delusinal Xbox fanboy that needs glasses".

There is no middle ground in the console wars.

Whether you acept that PS4 is the most powerfull and perfect machine in the world, and the XOne is a terrible, useless TV gimmik... or you are a fanboy.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Let me guess since this is "Bad XB1 news" Tidux is reliable again, what a joke.

If you're going to try and paint the X1 as some sort of victim, at least make sure the posts in the thread fit the picture you're painting ^^; Making negative assumptions about peoples opinions based on just the OT/title makes you look a little silly.

The thread is full of people saying Tidux is full of shit.

bananaking21 said:
kupomogli said:

Or Gnikananab.  That guy is 100% correct, but who wouldn't be with the information he gives out.

Gnikananab is really impressive. such detailed leaks, and perfect accuracy. 

Haven't heard about him in a while! I wonder if he's OK! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Dark_Feanor said:
"as compared to glorious 1080p on PS4."

I don´t think anyone with no bias would call that game visuals "glorious".

And oh!! The flash back.

That is the same story as last year, We only have a different insider, that could not be wrong whether the game is 720/900/1080p he covered all possibilits.

I can´t stop think these king of campain are organised. They can´t just let it go and let people decide when they see the final game.

have you seen the game? The visuals are "glorious".

Anyway there's no reason to be skeptical. These insiders have been right in the past.

Ninsect said:

Why is it a controversy? It's a fact that PS4 is more powerful.

Because some people still refuse to believe it.

Around the Network

Its not even funny anymore and this is coming from a hardcore Sony fan...

Add me if u want :)

Just make it 900p with a lock frame rate on Xbox one. Enough already of the 1080P crap.... If you have to reduce amount of detail and hurt the frame rate just give us 900p. Frame rate is much more important for enjoyment of the game.

Tidux is full of shit anyways.

Aura7541 said:
pokoko said:

The only difference between the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Lords of the Fallen is in the resolution: Xbox One is 900p, while PS4 is 1080p, City Interactive Executive Producer Tomasz Gop tells VideoGamer.

"Probably the resolution [on Xbox One] is like 900p instead of 1080p on PlayStation 4," Gop says. "But apart from that there's nothing different, I would say."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/22/report-lords-of-the-fallen-ps4-is-1080p-xbox-one-is-900p/

I'm not even sure why we argue about this anymore.  The small size of the XO's eSRAM has made it difficult to increase resolution.  That's the simple reality of the situation, at least for now.  It's not the fault of the developers, it's a mistake Microsoft made with the system design.  We know they're working very hard on new SDKs and sending out engineers to help studios work around it.  We'll just have to see what the future holds.

The thing is that IQ is not just determined by display resolution and framerate. Stuff like texture resolution, ambient occlusion, anti-aliasing solutions, lighting simulation, and physics simulation play a huge role, too. Even if X1 games finally consistently clock at 1080p display resolution, by then, PS4 games will be way ahead on other attributes.

Bingo.  Although it should be said that the ESRAM does in fact make the resolution problem more pronounced.

yvanjean said:
Just make it 900p with a lock frame rate on Xbox one. Enough already of the 1080P crap.... If you have to reduce amount of detail and hurt the frame rate just give us 900p. Frame rate is much more important for enjoyment of the game.

This is true, and in the end it would be best if MS (And everyone else) just accepted the fact that the X1 was practically built to be a 900p machine.  The problem is that "900p" doesn't look as sexy as "1080p" in marketing.  MS would rather have games run at 40-60 FPS if it means they can claim "The gap has closed."