By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hajime Tabata wants to make Final Fantasy XV "more casual, one button action"

So this is what they meant that they learned their lesson with Bravely Default vs Lightning Returns but admitted it was too late because FF XV was already too far completed?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
This news just ruined my fucking day.

Mine too, but then I realized that the wording makes the whole thing sounds much worse than it actually is.

Ka-pi96 said:
VXIII said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That.... sounds horrible!

I disagree, but why? 

Why and how is repeatedly pressing a button is superior?  You can do that btw the combat would still work fine.

Also, don't forget about the other rich elements of the combat. The advantage of warping around and getting the best of tbe environment , controllable AI, mgaic and its statistical depth.

They only thing that I really want is to be able to choose which weapon to use.

That also sounds horrible.

I'd take good old fashioned atb/turn based battles with lots of menus over that any day

I recommend Bravely Default. You are clearly not  into any real-time battle system. Which is totally fine. So XV simply isn't the game for you. Doesn't matter what they add to the system now :)

Ka-pi96 said:
VXIII said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That.... sounds horrible!

I disagree, but why? 

Why and how is repeatedly pressing a button is superior?  You can do that btw the combat would still work fine.

Also, don't forget about the other rich elements of the combat. The advantage of warping around and getting the best of tbe environment , controllable AI, mgaic and its statistical depth.

They only thing that I really want is to be able to choose which weapon to use.

That also sounds horrible.

I'd take good old fashioned atb/turn based battles with lots of menus over that any day

Why?  I mean why does this sound horrible?  That doesn't make sense.

Regarding the menu, they said you'll be able to pause and go into a menu in battle.  There's an article about it somewhere among others that you'll be able to do that and change AI behavior and probably some other things.

Lube Me Up

Wtf? How many changes has this game gone through?? Was this part of Toriyamas vision? It's his game, thats why we had to wait so bloody long. I think DNF set the precedent for development cycles like this

Astrosquall1 ~

Now that's a signature!

Around the Network

This sounds okay, as long as the depth is there for the more serious players.

However I hope this dosen't end up like FF13. Which it could do if they approach development with a casualised mentality.

green_sky said:
VXIII said: I just can't catch a break, can I ?

OT: Great news. 

I really need one a the moment

I don't mind a one-button attack system, but I hope they include buttons for dodging and magic as well....

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Dgc1808 said:
LemonSlice said:
Dgc1808 said:
While playing FF13, most battles were won with a single button. Rarely did I need a second. If its similar to that then fuck... Not excited.

Did you win with a five star rating often? I micromanaged every battle, they were over much quicker and much more fun.

Majority of the time, yes. 

So you could win with five stars majority of the time, without grinding, by mostly just pressing auto-battle and nothing else? O_O

Damn, maybe I should try that out.

VXIII said:
green_sky said:
VXIII said: I just can't catch a break, can I ?

OT: Great news. 

I really need one a the moment

I believe we all need one.  There's so much dang information coming out it's hard to collect all of it and make sense of it all.

But right now I think we can relax a little, just have to wait for random **** storms to blow over.

Lube Me Up