By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 9/13/2014 PS4 does 472k and Xbox One 172k + Global Software

How Long Before This Week is Adjusted?

0-24 hours 77 14.42%

1-7 days 99 18.54%

Post NPD 176 32.96%

Never 91 17.04%

See Results 91 17.04%

Total:534

And the new boost for early October in Europe.

Around the Network

I think that if the Xone was not being marketed as a cable box in the US it would be doing a lot worse here. People said they bought the PS3 for Blue Ray. Well, it is an equally justifiable claim that a lot of Xones are bought for cable TV.

chocoloco said:
I think that if the Xone was not being marketed as a cable box in the US it would be doing a lot worse here. People said they bought the PS3 for Blue Ray. Well, it is an equally justifiable claim that a lot of Xones are bought for cable TV.

Why would you buy an XB1 for cable TV? Don't you just run your cable box through the XB1?

The PS5 Exists. 

chocoloco said:

I wonder how much xbone's fantasy football push is helping it in the states.  Almost every commercial break I see there seems to be an ad for xbone pushing your fantasy football game to the limit, and incidentally that you might be able to play video games on it, maybe, if you're a loser with no friends or something.

PS4 did great but lower than what I expected.
X1 also saw a nice bump from Destiny which is not what many were expecting.

Wii U had a bad week.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
chocoloco said:

Why would you buy an XB1 for cable TV? Don't you just run your cable box through the XB1?

I have not looked, nor researched it to know. I do not care. The point is, it that it has been advertized a ton along with cable TV. A huge servive provided for a majority of Americans.

I bet PS4 lag with Wii's timeline will get very close now.

freedquaker said:
I'd like to reiterate my comments which I made before knowing those figures in the OP.

What Sony gets and MS don't is that it is the online games that require connectivity and lots of friend circles that push most of the sales, exclusive or not.

This is why Sony backed up Destiny heavily as it will help sell more PS4, and those people's friends will also buy one to stay in the circle. This is not a brand effect but rather "network effects", which is exactly why X360 was popular in the past. Sony uses the same tactics against MS this time around.

Yes, not only the exclusives but online games like Destiny have been the true system sellers since the beginning of the 7th generation.

It was obvious when MS dropped in Destiny for free with the console and did the whole fragrance thing, they knew that the more people who go and play Destiny on PS4, the more of a disaster they will have, because people bring their friends and pay for PS+ and it's all revenue lost.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

starcraft said:
Ninsect said:
starcraft said:

I don't know. I don't think it would be reasonable to apply this to the Last of Us for example?

The reason I made my comment on this day, in this thread, is because the boost to Xbox One and PS4 is the clear result of Destiny hype. Unless you're arguing that some other 'big game' led to the uptick in console sales, I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve with your post.

Yeah, okay. See you again when CoD, AC, BF, Halo release then. Surely you will have a similar opinion then, right?

What I'm trying to find out is why you decided to post this about Destiny but not about other big games. That's what I'm trying to "achieve". Let's just say I find human behavior an interesting subject.

Why would I post that about CoD? I fully expect CoD to be a disappointment, like the last few. I feel like much of the internet did.

I am not going to trawl through thousands of my own posts. Though I am sure I have professed disappointment in a major game previously.

Fine, then about the other games I mentioned.

On the behalf of "lots of people"

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

MoHasanie said:
PS4 did great but lower than what I expected.
X1 also saw a nice bump from Destiny which is not what many were expecting.

Wii U had a bad week.

eh? thats just one week dude!

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)