By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 9/13/2014 PS4 does 472k and Xbox One 172k + Global Software

How Long Before This Week is Adjusted?

0-24 hours 77 14.42%

1-7 days 99 18.54%

Post NPD 176 32.96%

Never 91 17.04%

See Results 91 17.04%

Total:534
ethomaz said:

And the new boost for early October in Europe.

Smart decision. The racing genre is a lot more popular in Europe than in the US. Also, considering how awesome the games looks, plays, and runs, Europeans will definitely clamor for this bundle.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
attach rate for Xbox games is too damn strong.

One thing noone can take away from xbox fans is that they buy a ton of software.

starcraft said:
Ninsect said:

Fine, then about the other games I mentioned.

On the behalf of "lots of people"

I still do not understand. Why do I have to express disappointment in games that are not out - every single one of which is from an established franchise known for consistent quality (AC, Halo) or falling quality (CoD, BF)?

What on earth do these games have to do with this week's sales?

As humans we can sometimes think outside the present to the past or possible future events if we so please. I was wondering why you decided to post your post, without having played the game, in this thread and your answer was that you can't objectively be wrong, really. That didn't really answer my question, but past and future events can help me formulate an answer on my own. That's why I mention other big games in the near future.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

PS4 holds 52% of the ENTIRE console and handheld gaming market this week. Pretty impressive.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Aura7541 said:
MoHasanie said:
PS4 did great but lower than what I expected.
X1 also saw a nice bump from Destiny which is not what many were expecting.

Wii U had a bad week.

A lot of people's predictions for the PS4 on Destiny weeks was around 500k. Also, the bundle is still widely available and consumers are still buying it. Destiny week will not merely be a sales spike for the PS4. This is going to be a plateau.

That's true. Although because the reviews for Destiny weren't great, I don't expect the game and the bundle to sell well for much longer. I don't think Destiny will have great legs. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Huge numbers for PS4. HUGE

In hardware PS4 dominated the Xbone but in software not so much. I am surprised by how little difference there is between Destiny Ps4 vs XboxOne. I expected a wider gap, and if we combine Destiny Xbox vs Destiny PS, the gap is even smaller. (In US, of course)

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

vivster said:
Those Destiny numbers are frighteningly close to the preorders.

Also it looks like the Wii U is showing its conservative leadership by going back to a more traditional baseline.

Don't know why anyone believes the pre-order numbers on this site. I just don't bother looking at them.

MoHasanie said:
Aura7541 said:
MoHasanie said:
PS4 did great but lower than what I expected.
X1 also saw a nice bump from Destiny which is not what many were expecting.

Wii U had a bad week.

A lot of people's predictions for the PS4 on Destiny weeks was around 500k. Also, the bundle is still widely available and consumers are still buying it. Destiny week will not merely be a sales spike for the PS4. This is going to be a plateau.

That's true. Although because the reviews for Destiny weren't great, I don't expect the game and the bundle to sell well for much longer. I don't think Destiny will have great legs. 

To be honest, I'm not so sure whether Destiny has longevity or not. However, it has been shown mutliple times that a lot of consumers do buy mediocre products. COD is a great example of this and coincidentally, both COD and Destiny are published by Activision. However, we can't really conclude that Destiny will have legs because COD is an established franchise while Destiny is a new IP. This is a situation where we can only wait and see.

MRKs said:

Huge numbers for PS4. HUGE

In hardware PS4 dominated the Xbone but in software not so much. I am surprised by how little difference there is between Destiny Ps4 vs XboxOne. I expected a wider gap, and if we combine Destiny Xbox vs Destiny PS, the gap is even smaller. (In US, of course)

The USA does not have a ton more PS4s sold than x1s.

ethomaz said:

And the new boost for early October in Europe.

Not even comparable. Pre-orders of Driveclub are really low currently compared to Destiny pre-orders months before release.

Not sure if the PS+ free edition will encourage future sales of the game. It depends of the quality of the game, really.