By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 9/13/2014 PS4 does 472k and Xbox One 172k + Global Software

How Long Before This Week is Adjusted?

0-24 hours 77 14.42%

1-7 days 99 18.54%

Post NPD 176 32.96%

Never 91 17.04%

See Results 91 17.04%

Total:534

I've learnt that XBO can be sucessful, even if it's selling at 2:1 or 3:1 of that of PS4. Peace MS fans, peace

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Almost 500k in a week. PS4 sold 40k units more than all the other Consoles and portable combined ?!? WTF Sony why are you humiliating your competitors ?
Come on Sony this is not fair.

In Europe PS4 VS WiiU 14:1 / PS4 VS XOne 5:1

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Aerys said:

You really think Driveclub will give a good boost to the sales ? I'd say 50k at the best thanks to the white PS4 ( but it is also available alone in Europe so no need to buy Driveclub to get it )

No. It is White.

Europe didn't get this console yet (well it get in one exclusive retail).

I expect the same effect White did in US to happen in Europe.

Razor-edge said:
Train wreck said:
There will be a lull for the week of the 20th and then another ramp-up for the week ending Sept 27th with Fifa 15. Then its the Holiday season push! Fun times ahead! Haters better get their jabs in now.

not with it's 40k US pre orders for the best selling version.

Yes, because a Soccer games selling badly on the US is completely insane, right? Americans surely love their soccer games!

"September is where the battle begin" : Phil spencer

Well...i won't call this month a battle, but a massacre. Maybe next month ?

Around the Network

Awesome sales for PS4(I do think US sales are undertracked though...)

Good sales for Xone(a little more than the PS4 default sales)

WiiU(welp,too much for that 60k new baseline)

PS3 lives!!!

PSVITA (vita doesn't mean life it seems...)

Ok now... that ps4 boost was higher than I expected, hope it's not overtracked

This thread was great.

Incredible that Destiny could have such an impact. The marketing for it was perfect. It's going to be interesting to see if it has any legs though.

That PS3. The old girl has some serious legs!

PS4 is just doing amazing things. I expected a big boost but honestly expected the numbers to be a bit lower.

Good news for the Xbox One. It will be interesting to see if it can carry the momentum into the holiday season.

Wii U not looking good again. I realize there hasn't been a major release but being outsold by an 8 year old console surely does not inspire confidence. Even if that 8 year old console got a boost from the game that so many benefited from this month.

Vita. Oh you poor thing. Such an impressive piece of hardware. If only your maker gave a shit about you.

Great month for sales overall for the most part, though. It is always great to see sales like this in the wake of so many proclaiming that console gaming is dead.

Ooooooo. @_@

Anyway, is September a 5 week month, sales tracking wise? If so, we might be on track to hit dat 1 million September Worldwide mark. :D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.