By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 9/13/2014 PS4 does 472k and Xbox One 172k + Global Software

How Long Before This Week is Adjusted?

0-24 hours 77 14.42%

1-7 days 99 18.54%

Post NPD 176 32.96%

Never 91 17.04%

See Results 91 17.04%

Total:534
torok said:
Razor-edge said:
Train wreck said:
There will be a lull for the week of the 20th and then another ramp-up for the week ending Sept 27th with Fifa 15. Then its the Holiday season push! Fun times ahead! Haters better get their jabs in now.

not with it's 40k US pre orders for the best selling version.

Yes, because a Soccer games selling badly on the US is completely insane, right? Americans surely love their soccer games!

FIFA will sell 1.5-2.5 million copies across all platforms this year.  That is more Americans than buy the big Baseball or Ice Hockey games.  It is the game of the young (16-35) and younger people play games.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

And the new boost for early October in Europe.

What's amazing about this is it's going to be the hardware that helps sell the software, and that's not something you se very often.

Head up: Bloodborne collectors edition up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bloodborne-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00NOBX1OO/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=viglink20241-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=GMFF37B2TBUY6XN4&creativeASIN=B00NOBX1OO

edit: And it's sold out LOL

The PS5 Exists. 

No wonder PS4 did that much in europe, today i checked and the PS3+Destiny bundle is 310€ while the PS4+Destiny+30daysPS+ bundle is 399.99€

small difference that certainly encourages most people to make the jump to next gen, despite the game being available on PS3.

leyendax69 said:
Ok now... that ps4 boost was higher than I expected, hope it's not overtracked

It's significantly undertracked at least for the US.

Domination aka PS4.

Around the Network
cheshirescat said:
Sharpryno said:
attach rate for Xbox games is too damn strong.

One thing noone can take away from xbox fans is that they buy a ton of software.

Well, yeah. North America buys the most software, and Xbox consoles have the highest proportion of NA sales relative to other regions.

Poor WiiU, you so dead.

Arkaign said:
leyendax69 said:
Ok now... that ps4 boost was higher than I expected, hope it's not overtracked

It's significantly undertracked at least for the US.

More in Europe

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Awesome numbers for PS4 and XBO.

Wii U being so low is surprising. I didn't expect it to be that low.

Dark_Feanor said:
Carl2291 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
You guys realy should give VGChartz numbers with a grain of salt.

A 300% vs a 30% boost is impossible. Simple as that.

I don´t have to invoke the Amazon chart oracle to claim how absurd this situation is. Nor that in UK alone gave XOne at least 150% boost.

PS: I even think that Whatchdogs that was completely ignored by most XOne owners gave a boost in Xbox hardware.

The boost for Xbox One looks smaller because last weeks numbers had the Tier 2 launch. Big drops to be expected in some places, boosts to be expected in others.

VGChartz gives 100k for USA alone.

And only 160k for PS4?!!!

So, USA represents only 33% of PS4 salse and for XOne  60%! And we all know that Japan alone can´t add up to all that disparity.

Well, I don´t know which number is more absurd. WW or USA.

But USA IS 60% of the Xb one market. 3.37 million Xb one LTD in USA, 5.23 million LTD world wide = 64%. So You seem to be not using the data VGC has at your fingertips to check whether your "feelings" are backed up by objective information. 

The fact is, I assume possibly because of tier 2 week 2, the US share of the Destiny hardware boost is actually lower than the LTD share. So relatively speaking Destiny has done slightly better for XB one outside the USA than in the USA.

I think people need to start facing the most probably reality, and accept that USA is the only market that is going to keep Xb one viable this generation. It's fine, because even if you're not in the USA you will benefit from that because it will get the games. But you might not get all the non-game services. The great thing, though, is that this will speed up MS's plans to evolve beyond making a plastic box with wires in it, which in turn will apur that evolution at Sony.

Anyway, it's great to see a big number for the week, and bonus that it's PS4. It's always exciting when the numbers start piling up.

I have to eat crow, because I said there was no way Andrew House was talking Worldwide when he said biggest hardware week of 2014. A game and a white sku beating Japan's launch week for PS4. Crazy man!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix