By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware 9/13/2014 PS4 does 472k and Xbox One 172k + Global Software

How Long Before This Week is Adjusted?

0-24 hours 77 14.42%

1-7 days 99 18.54%

Post NPD 176 32.96%

Never 91 17.04%

See Results 91 17.04%

Total:534
starcraft said:
Ninsect said:

What exactly was the point of your comment, then? Was it purely to rile people up (flaming) or was it for another reason? I mean, your comment can be applied to ANY big game that releases, yet you only chose to say this about Destiny. What for?

I don't know. I don't think it would be reasonable to apply this to the Last of Us for example?

The reason I made my comment on this day, in this thread, is because the boost to Xbox One and PS4 is the clear result of Destiny hype. Unless you're arguing that some other 'big game' led to the uptick in console sales, I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve with your post.

Yeah, okay. See you again when CoD, AC, BF, Halo release then. Surely you will have a similar opinion then, right?

What I'm trying to find out is why you decided to post this about Destiny but not about other big games. That's what I'm trying to "achieve". Let's just say I find human behavior an interesting subject.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
I hope no one is surprised with those numbers, PS4 is already entering the beast mode as planned.
Maybe it can really fight for CoD in the USA huh.

A draw would suffice.

The PS5 Exists. 

small44 said:
estebxx said:

both? you mean western and japanese games? if so well, yeah you are right but they already announced a lot of japanese games just this couple of weeks so now we only have to wait at least, cant wait for Persona 5, DIsgaea 5, FF Type 0 among others, 2015 is gonna be great although this games may come to the west early 2016 to be honest.

Yes,ps3 had both,ps4 start to get some Japanese games but Vita only had japanese games and basicly 0 western games

yeah you are right,  Vita is mainly a japanese handheld in terms of games, (although it did had a Killzone and Uncharted most of its library is japanese games). but i dont think thats something bad because the 3DS i also mainly for japanese games and its doing great.

Anyway im getting a PS TV next month when it realeases on US, because i actually like some of the games that the PS VITA has like P4 Golden, but i dont like handhelds so i will finally be able to play them on a proper TV.

Ninsect said:
starcraft said:

I don't know. I don't think it would be reasonable to apply this to the Last of Us for example?

The reason I made my comment on this day, in this thread, is because the boost to Xbox One and PS4 is the clear result of Destiny hype. Unless you're arguing that some other 'big game' led to the uptick in console sales, I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve with your post.

Yeah, okay. See you again when CoD, AC, BF, Halo release then. Surely you will have a similar opinion then, right?

What I'm trying to find out is why you decided to post this about Destiny but not about other big games. That's what I'm trying to "achieve". Let's just say I find human behavior an interesting subject.

Why would I post that about CoD? I fully expect CoD to be a disappointment, like the last few. I feel like much of the internet did.

I am not going to trawl through thousands of my own posts. Though I am sure I have professed disappointment in a major game previously.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:

Fair enough, if I have misjudged your intent, I apologize. FYI, there is a thread for Mod feedback, if you feel there is a need to provide it.

I don't think your moderating job isn't good. Personally, I have no issues with the job you or anyone else here does in that regard. I just personally hold a higher standard for the way mods partake in discussions, that's all. Personally, with zero experience in something I would never make an attempt to hold an overly negative opinion on something, especially when the positive feedback far outweighs it. I made that mistake LONG ago with Fallout 3.

You are always free to take my criticisms or leave them. I just think out loud.

I don't have an overly negative opinion of the game. As I said, its clearly decent, based off the Beta I'd have thought it would be better.

Based off the reviews, most of the gaming media thought it would be better. And many people who paid for the game - and a console for it - before become fully aware of its quality, will feel the same way.

But as I have said elsewhere, it remains an above average game.

That is the price of buying into out of this world hype. The game had plenty of chances to see if it's gameplay was for your or not. Those people will wisen up for the future.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

I agree, the social is a mess but can be fixed.

The story however... its like it is written by a 12 year old with every gaming cliche name and occurance you can think of rolled together and acted out by the local amateur dramatic assosiation.  That voice acting!!!! jesus its bad.

Everything else is fine, nothing earth shattering, but perfectly fine.  I still think the game is confused about its own identity.

Im having a reasonable amount of fun though, just far too much repetition.  8/10 max.

I agree with you post.

They tried to create a universe and the story will driven forever (it is not to have a end but to be continuous)... the way they told it in the game is a mess at the point that some players thinkgs the game didn't have a story.

But the game have a story if you read the Grimories (btw they need to give access ingame to the Grimories... they give you bonus if meet some goals).

PS. About the voice acting I can't say about because I played just with the Portuguese Brasilian voice acting and I found it really good... the dialogues are bad.

Ka-pi96 said:
KdxlavkdX said:
Woah didn't expect Destiny to sell well on X1 :o

It's a shooter and there is a lot of shooter fans on Xbox One COD should do incredible on Xbox One as well later this year.

or maybe bcuz was free.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

PS4 just slaughtered. good sales for the One and 3ds. I dont know whats going on with Wii U and everything else...is everything else

That settles that then. There is no hope for MS in Europe anymore.

Ka-pi96 said:

The 3DSs Japanese games do seem to be a lot less niche than the Vita's though.

I hope you enjoy your PS TV, I would rather play on a proper tv as well, but couldn't wait and bought a Vita anyway. P4 Golden is definitely worth it

Absolutely, i agree a 100%, games like Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Zelda and Mario are BEASTS, next to the Japanese games on the Vita, Heck even Persona cant compare to any of them, despite being probably the finest JRPG series out there right now, add to that the fact that the 3DS is cheaper and has a constant flow of games, and well no wonder why it outsold by a large margin the PS VITA.

also yeah, P4 Golden is gonna be great, ive heard a LOT of great thing from several people on forums and youtubers like Pat from Two Best Friends Play, so im hyped. im also getting sometime in the future Freedom Wars, Neptunia Re:Birth 1, Sword Art Online and Dangan Ronpa among others.