By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Bayonetta gets first review a month early, 8/10 from Nintendo Life

That was fast.

Oh well. i'll buy one next month.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Only an 8? I suspected this game might suck. This year is not turning out so well for Wii U :(

Whats wrong with you ?

OttoniBastos said:
If a nintendo magazine/site gave 8,can we expect 7x scores from the others?

Note: i asked the same thing about Hyrule Warriors and i was right!

Fansites don't score that differently and some Nintendo fans may not like games like Bayonetta.

Hyrule Warriors:
Nintendo World Report: 85
FNintendo: 70
Nintendo Life: 70

Fansite meta: 75
Metascore: 74

Mario Kart 8
Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 96
Nintendojo: 91
Nintendo Life: 90
FNintendo: 90
Nintendo World Report: 75

Fansite meta: 88,4
Metascore: 88

spurgeonryan said:
In other nintendolife news....flappy birds wi u clone gets reviewed as well!

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/spikey_walls

@Op

I did not know we could dowjnload it! Sweet!

The score is very shocking..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

episteme said:
aikohualda said:
mmmmm famitsu now nintendo life.... no perfect score yet :P

This one is a review of Bayonetta 1 on Wii U.

Damn, sounds like the framerate is worse than the X360 version...

All that articl said was "occasional dips in framerate" and you concluded worse?

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
episteme said:

This one is a review of Bayonetta 1 on Wii U.

Damn, sounds like the framerate is worse than the X360 version...

All that articl said was "occasional dips in framerate" and you concluded worse?

DF will cherry-pick scenes where it runs worse and we will have hundreds of posts about Wii U hardware...

Finally! Playing Bayonetta without tearing and high framerate!

Bayo1 got scores from 50 to 100 on PS360 and so will the Wii U version. Despite the fact that Bayo1 was the best action game of last gen :) and had a 90 metascore. 

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Any port is superior to the PS3 version. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 version, and man, the framerate drops!

The Wii U version will be superior to the 360 version too even if it has the same or even worse framerate drops for one (imo) huge reason - v-synch being enabled and no screen tearing as a result.

Screen tearing has been a MAJOR bugbear of mine for years. It dumbfounds me why developers go out of their way to make games look pretty only for things to turn to shite whenever you move the fucking camera.

snowdog said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Any port is superior to the PS3 version. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 version, and man, the framerate drops!

The Wii U version will be superior to the 360 version too even if it has the same or even worse framerate drops for one (imo) huge reason - v-synch being enabled and no screen tearing as a result.

Screen tearing has been a MAJOR bugbear of mine for years. It dumbfounds me why developers go out of their way to make games look pretty only for things to turn to shite whenever you move the fucking camera.

I thought I was the only one that despided screen tearing. It's one of the main reasons, I got an over powered laptop.

TheWPCTraveler said:

[EDIT]Do I really have to make it clear that this is the Wii U port of Bayonetta, not the new game that is Bayonetta 2? And, read the review, don't focus on the score![/EDIT]

I was a bit surprised to see this pop up this early, to be honest. Nintendo is probably just trying to get this out of the way, and give Bayo 2 reviewers'  full attention.

Yeah if you didn't make it apparant, I would have though this is for Bayonetta 2 as well. Humans in general, are simple minded, after all.

I'm so hyped to play both!! Can't wait till October!