By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 Trailer TGS 2014 Tetsuya Nomura steps down! UPDATE: New showcase demo!

I don't like it.. I'll keep my eye on KH3 instead

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
VXIII said:

Only 2 girls. But i think the black-haired is an enemy. 

Pretty sure Luna/blonde haired girl is also an enemy. It's two families fighting against each other.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wagram said:
Final Fantasy always changes, why would you expect the world to ever stay consistent?

This exactly.  There is no way that anyone can look at this trailer and be so categorically negative.   I understand that some people think this game will get more attention than Xblade, but that doesn't make It any better or worse. 

What is up with the childish behavior of (but not limited to) Nintendo fans?

I find it repulsive.

I intend to get a Wii U just for Xblade but I understand and respect it as a different game than FF15, which I am equally excited about.

The invalid qualifiers about fantasy are getting annoying too. Xeno Gears was on of my favorite games and so was Xenosaga and they were incredibly different.  Why should every Final Fantasy be the same?

At the very least can we stop stating oponion as scientific facts.

deskpro2k3 said:

Just to clearify something with you here to debunk your statement. They throw years of work away before with FFXIV. They also change directors. The pace of the combat in this FFXV trailer looks different than the ones before it. Yeah sure it looks good, but I'll prefer it if it stays true to Nomura's vision all the way to completion.

/end rant. okay i'm good now.

Ok, so a trailer is released on the same day that its announced that the games lead director is done with the project and is moving on to another project; but yet somehow you attribute a change of pace in combat to his leaving? Do you see anything wrong with that? 

Everything we have seen of the game till now and what we have seen of it now is all Nomura. He has done what he needs to do in the game and whats left can be handled by someone else. You nor I cannot possibly know from a two minute traler what his vision was to begin with and how the game has deviated from it, what I do know is this;

Nomura is known for characetr design, and after KH, for his take on RPG combat. The trailers so far have all screamed those traits to the rooftops. Also, things like story and character, level and scenario design are all things that are done and set very early in a games development. So Its my guess that what he needs to do in this game he has already done. He was probably the creative director of the game and Tam was the game director/assistant director.

on an unrelated note, I don't see what or how this game has anything to do with Xenoblade. Is it cause they showed footage of characters in an expansive feild with grass? So now feilds of grass is xenoblade? if that is the case isn't xenoblade like FF12 and/or FF13?

outlawauron said:
Vincoletto said:
VXIII said:
Vincoletto said:

I'm just curious but lazy to look for it, buthow the team of XIII and XV related? totally different teams creating the game?

Completely different teams, XIII team leader was Motomu Toriyama, It was his first main project as a leader. XV team leader was Nomura (just stpped down), the team is best known for Kingdom Hearts series. Nomura himself was one of the key people for the franchise since Final Fantasy V

Interesting, that explains a lot about XIII and why XV feels like VII and VIII to some extent

He's exagerrating a bit on Toriyama. He directed a few games before XIII and had other roles in previous Final Fantasy games

Only X-2 ( which is hated as well)  and a DS game, none of them on the scale of XIII project. His roles on the previous FF games are really insignificant in comparison to Nomura.

Around the Network

It gave me a xenoblade feeling, now this game picked my interest

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

deskpro2k3 said:

Just to clearify something with you here to debunk your statement. They throw years of work away before with FFXIV. They also change directors. The pace of the combat in this FFXV trailer looks different than the ones before it. Yeah sure it looks good, but I'll prefer it if it stays true to Nomura's vision all the way to completion.

/end rant. okay i'm good now.

Read Intrinsic's reply.

And then consider this: Tabata has been co-directing the game with Nomura since last year. At this point, they both have a shared understanding about what the project is, and it's not like Tabata is going to scrap years of development just to satisfy his selfish needs and vision. The blue print has been laid, and pretty much everything that is left to do at this point, considering a demo is already slated for next March, it's highly unlikely that the core mechanism and flow of the battle system will suffer any changes until then. 

And your example is completely irrelevent. FF XIV was changed after it was released and criticially destroyed. In the case of FF XV, there are no reason to scrap years of testing and production.

DaltonAbbey said:

*Teenager grade trolling removed*

Your lot is so annoying.

Here's what you'd prefer, I presume, for a story with a serious tone such as FF XV:

Or this:

But most likely something more like this:

Finally watched the trailer have to say I'm disappointed... in myself for still getting hyped by a single new trailer for this even though I should've long gotten over it in the last 8 years.