By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 Trailer TGS 2014 Tetsuya Nomura steps down! UPDATE: New showcase demo!

I'm more excited for the fact that KH3 might actually come out now.^^

FFXV looks good, but so did FFXIII before i played it and we all know how that turned out. I am cautiously interested.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
deskpro2k3 said:

unbelievable...

This is not fair for Nomura. Himself and his team has sacrifice development time for FFXV (FFvXIII) to help make FFXIII/FFXIII-2/FF-Lightning Return and to rebound FFXIV:ARR.

This is what I think really happen.. SE want FFXV to go multiplatform, therefore Nomura couldn't achieve his full vision by focusing on one console, so he step down like a boss..

Actually Nomura is needed on KH3, while FFXV only has one year of developpment left, he isn't that needed.

yea just like how his team was needed to help speed up every other damn game SE was developing.

directors can change anything in a game production, and one year can change a lot especially when the trailer says work in progress.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

yea just like how his team was needed to help speed up every other damn game SE was developing.

directors can change anything in a game production, and one year can change a lot especially when the trailer says work in progress.

Oh yeah. FF XV will be a completely different game, something unlike anything we've seen in the trailer, when it finally releases. Tabata is going to throw years of work out the window to adjust the game to his personal preferences. In fact, he'll probably do so many changes that the game release will be delayed an other 5 years.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Oh yeah. FF XV will be a completely different game, something unlike anything we've seen in the trailer, when it finally releases. Tabata is going to throw years of work out the window to adjust the game to his personal preferences. In fact, he'll probably do so many changes that the game release will be delayed an other 5 years.

you need to cut that bullshit sarcasm out. Its starting to piss me off.

deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Well then, by all mean...

Around the Network

This game looks beautiful and potentially good. It may bring me back to FF after the XIII disaster.

It does look like Xenoblade. Both in the style of combat and the large rock-arches in the world. I'm half waiting for them to say you're on the back of a giant. That's not a bad thing though.

On the plus-side, it looks even better (visually) than Xenoblade X in some respects. More realistic, but perhaps less fantastical.

So its confirmed that the demo will be available in march. I'mma guess a November/December release date.

I could see the west getting it early 2016 but a worldwide release wouldn't be out of the question either.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

Well then, by all mean...

Just to clearify something with you here to debunk your statement. They throw years of work away before with FFXIV. They also change directors. The pace of the combat in this FFXV trailer looks different than the ones before it. Yeah sure it looks good, but I'll prefer it if it stays true to Nomura's vision all the way to completion.

/end rant. okay i'm good now.

It looks promising. I'm hoping that they finish this up (so I can play it) and make Agni's philosophy the setting of Final Fantasy XVI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Vincoletto said:
VXIII said:
Vincoletto said:

I'm just curious but lazy to look for it, buthow the team of XIII and XV related? totally different teams creating the game?

Completely different teams, XIII team leader was Motomu Toriyama, It was his first main project as a leader. XV team leader was Nomura (just stpped down), the team is best known for Kingdom Hearts series. Nomura himself was one of the key people for the franchise since Final Fantasy V

Interesting, that explains a lot about XIII and why XV feels like VII and VIII to some extent

He's exagerrating a bit on Toriyama. He directed a few games before XIII and had other roles in previous Final Fantasy games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.