By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 Trailer TGS 2014 Tetsuya Nomura steps down! UPDATE: New showcase demo!

DaltonAbbey said:
You're telling me if I go outside i'll find giant monsters too? And have to fight them dressed like a backstreet boy? Times are tough..

What's your purpose in this thread?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Wagram said:

I don't understand. They showed a whole two minutes of footage. Luna, and Stella weren't in this footage (as far as being playable). They are likely playable party members at some point. But apparently it's an emo boy fest all up in da house.

Ikr?

If there were a girl or two in that group... they would say something about the hair not being "fantasy enough"... there are always some certain people that would constructively say something bad or negative about PS4 games... actually, I am beginning to think its just about games not on their platfrm period.

You guessed it. We are all salty that this game isn't coming to the Wii U.

Man... fuck my Wii U.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Hynad said:
DaltonAbbey said:
You're telling me if I go outside i'll find giant monsters too? And have to fight them dressed like a backstreet boy? Times are tough..

What's your purpose in this thread?

He is joking around... probably.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Why so defensive? Lol

I'd hate to see the dev costs for this- a game 8-9 years in development over two gens.
Also whether he's finished or not, it's a bit of a douchebag move for Nomura to bail from development. It's HIS creation, that's why we've had to wait so frickin long. Sounds like he became impatient and wanted to move on- TOO BAD! -stay with the damn game till it's finished. WE'VE all had to wait! If he was so passionate about the thing surely he'd still try to keep a hand in??
Also I would have to say we're at least 2yrs from seeing it outside of Japan, and that I will definitely not be buying a PS4 or Xbox to play this game. It looks nothing like the FF's I've enjoyed in the past, and sadly it seems I shall never see THAT type of FF on a home console ever again!

Astrosquall1 ~

Now that's a signature!

Around the Network
Hynad said:
darkknightkryta said:

Not as bad as you think.  You gotta remember, they raided Nomura's entire dev team to finish Final Fantasy XIII and probably Lightning Returns.  Nomura was working with a skeleton team working on concepts since they couldn't do much else.  Scrapping the work on the world map on the other hand, that probably hurt.

Scrapping the work on the world map? 

What do you mean?

What he had achieved on the PS3, it didn't get scrapped. Not everything could be ported as is, but it's not like they had to start from scratch. -__-

Gameplay concepts wouldn't have taken much to create.  Getting the world map running on the PS3 would have taken quite a bit of effort from a technical standpoint.  All of it would have been scrapped since you have different technologies to work with on the PS4 and better ways to do it.

Astrosquall1 said:
I'd hate to see the dev costs for this- a game 8-9 years in development over two gens.
Also whether he's finished or not, it's a bit of a douchebag move for Nomura to bail from development. It's HIS creation, that's why we've had to wait so frickin long. Sounds like he became impatient and wanted to move on- TOO BAD! -stay with the damn game till it's finished. WE'VE all had to wait! If he was so passionate about the thing surely he'd still try to keep a hand in??
Also I would have to say we're at least 2yrs from seeing it outside of Japan, and that I will definitely not be buying a PS4 or Xbox to play this game. It looks nothing like the FF's I've enjoyed in the past, and sadly it seems I shall never see THAT type of FF on a home console ever again!

Wow. You have a Final Fantasy VIII avatar (i love that game) and didn't like Final Fantasy XV trailer? I think both have a very similar aura. Well, they both were designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

darkknightkryta said:

Gameplay concepts wouldn't have taken much to create.  Getting the world map running on the PS3 would have taken quite a bit of effort from a technical standpoint.  All of it would have been scrapped since you have different technologies to work with on the PS4 and better ways to do it.

Hum... No.

They don't need to scrap anything going from one console to an other. They improve upon what was already done with the new tools they have at their disposal. You clearly don't know much about game development. -__-

Hynad said:

words

Directors can change and add whatever they like. This is not Nomura adding content or doing the finishing touches anymore. Do you understand that?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Intrinsic said:

Everything we have seen of the game till now and what we have seen of it now is all Nomura. He has done what he needs to do in the game and whats left can be handled by someone else. You nor I cannot possibly know from a two minute traler what his vision was to begin with and how the game has deviated from it, what I do know is this;

Nomura is known for characetr design, and after KH, for his take on RPG combat. The trailers so far have all screamed those traits to the rooftops. Also, things like story and character, level and scenario design are all things that are done and set very early in a games development. So Its my guess that what he needs to do in this game he has already done. He was probably the creative director of the game and Tam was the game director/assistant director.

on an unrelated note, I don't see what or how this game has anything to do with Xenoblade. Is it cause they showed footage of characters in an expansive feild with grass? So now feilds of grass is xenoblade? if that is the case isn't xenoblade like FF12 and/or FF13?

You just have to look at the older trailers to see the differences...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5