By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism Elite....huh? Wow!

spurgeonryan said:
DD_Bwest said:
can we stop calling it journalism? there is very little, if anything remotely close to journalism within the gaming media mass.

What should we call them? Writers, propogandists?

PR-trolls...

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed; everything else is public relations."

Hearst, Orwell, or someone else...

Around the Network

journalists work together. what a suprise...

Why the hell is nobody concerned about their privacy being violated?

Think intelligently about what you're reading and you'll be fine. They have every right to talk to each other

badgenome said:
This is typical Breitbart.com clickbait. The breathless headline promises some kind of massive conspiracy blown wide open, while the story is... that a few people who blog about games apparently talk to each other.

Why shouldn't I believe this site? They have like FOX news as partner.. seems thrustworthy

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

spurgeonryan said:
DD_Bwest said:
can we stop calling it journalism? there is very little, if anything remotely close to journalism within the gaming media mass.

Bloggers. That's all they are. Unless you have a degree in journalism you really shouldn't be calling yourself a journalist, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:
Can we believe in any of this?

Seriously, I don't this site.

While the overall bias to the website exists, this shouldn't be a surprise. A lot of journalism most likely communicates with each other to cover a wide variety of things together.

The peoeple who should really be mad are the game devs themselves. I heard COD devs had a contract that gave them more money if their game scored higher or something along those lines. If they built some sort of grudge with these so called journalist they could end up losing millions with bad reviews that bring down the metascore.

Did some people even read the op? It doesn't seem so with some posts here.

generic-user-1 said:
spurgeonryan said:
DD_Bwest said:

PR-trolls...

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed; everything else is public relations."

Hearst, Orwell, or someone else...

In Brazil we go more for "Journalism is always about talking bad and showing the dirty of the powerfull, all else is planfetarism".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

method114 said:
The peoeple who should really be mad are the game devs themselves. I heard COD devs had a contract that gave them more money if their game scored higher or something along those lines. If they built some sort of grudge with these so called journalist they could end up losing millions with bad reviews that bring down the metascore.

And that together with devs money led to sugarcoated review and critics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."