By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Please don't ruin Minecraft,' 10-year-old begs in open-letter to Microsoft

dharh said:
fireburn95 said:
InnocentSin said:

Lol, rlly? Who cares? it`s a video game regardless.

Ok worded wrong but kids spend too long on minecraft as if it is the holy grail of gaming - it's not.

It's not a game IMO, it's an application, like MS Paint

Holy grail of gaming? You are getting way ahead of yourself pal. They are playing this game because they get to be _creative_ in it. Most games are static 1-dimensional experiences, you are basically just playing a linear whatever genre game. A very few set of games are open world 2-dimensional games where you get to play and explore.  An even smaller set of games are open world 3-dimensional games where you get to play, explore, and influence/create.

Just to be clear, by dimensions im not talking about physical 1-2-3 dimensional planes. I'm talking about the three of what I call pillars of gaming experience. 

Clearly you do not understand what this game means to millions of people.

QFT
This post of yours and the successive you wrote in this thread get in a few lines the essence of a game like Minecraft.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

So educational means you have to do stuff to get other stuff?
So many things we need to label educational now, love it!
If they change it, the community will be running their own servers with the last "real" version, so what

Wow..........A lot of People really loves Minecraft.

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

true_fan said:
This "console war" has reached a new low, some pathetic fanboy put them up to this. 10 year olds don't know about acquisitions and how Minecraft would be affected by the purchase of mojang.

Maybe in your world but kids aren't stupid you know. They find out about whats happening around the world like the rest of us 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

true_fan said:
This "console war" has reached a new low, some pathetic fanboy put them up to this. 10 year olds don't know about acquisitions and how Minecraft would be affected by the purchase of mojang.

She didn't lie though.

This is the voice of the people.

Around the Network

It'll be interesting to see how future updates go for this but who knows how it'll go.

As long as it keeps the creative spirit it should be fine

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Eh, I don't think this'll affect us Tekkit players :P

All I want to happen with Minecraft is for it to be coded in .NET  C# instead of Java on PC. That's it.

Microsoft, are you listening?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

That ten year old girl writes as well as an adult...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
That ten year old girl writes as well as an adult...

Pretty sure someone would edit her sentiment and if she is well educated, the ten year old could very well out write most adults on the internet.