By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Please don't ruin Minecraft,' 10-year-old begs in open-letter to Microsoft

What would be interesting, is for MS to figure a way to release a sequel that has graphics that don't make your eyes bleed...

Around the Network
Hynad said:
What would be interesting, is for MS to figure a way to release a sequel that has graphics that don't make your eyes bleed...

you mean like this?:

because the PC version is very customizable with resource packs and shaders (and they aren't that hard to get)

noname2200 said:
spurgeonryan said:

So, Microsoft, you should know that we all want to keep Minecraft the same!

Don't worry, it's very Rare for serious changes to happen in these circumstances.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Acevil said:
Hynad said:

you mean like this?:

That's better. But couldn't they figure a way to make things look less blocky?

Hynad said:
Acevil said:
Hynad said:

you mean like this?:

I think that will defeat the reason for minecraft to exist.... think of it like Lego building with insane elements from other genres.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
This "console war" has reached a new low, some pathetic fanboy put them up to this. 10 year olds don't know about acquisitions and how Minecraft would be affected by the purchase of mojang.

If a 10 year old can't understand something as simplistic as "[x] buys [y]. [x] now controls what happens to [y]" then they're going to be pretty fucked when they start secondary school the next year :p

That's assuming they're just an average kid too. There are plenty of very intelligent children in the world ^^ A girl on the opposite side of the year to me took her Astronomy GCSE at 11 and got a B.

Acevil said:
Hynad said:
Acevil said:
Hynad said:

you mean like this?:

I think that will defeat the reason for minecraft to exist.... think of it like Lego building with insane elements from other genres.

Not to mention that Hynad ironically has a Lego signature and - judging by his profile - owns and likes 3 Dot Game Heroes, the arguably most blocky 7th gen game.

okr said:
Acevil said:
Hynad said:

Not to mention that Hynad ironically has a Lego signature and - judging by his profile - owns and likes 3 Dot Game Heroes, the arguably most blocky 7th gen game.

3D Dot Game Heroes was created as an hommage to the 8 Bits era. And the developers created as good looking style that fits well for it.

Minecraft is just... ugly.

fireburn95 said:
InnocentSin said:

Lol, rlly? Who cares? it`s a video game regardless.

Ok worded wrong but kids spend too long on minecraft as if it is the holy grail of gaming - it's not.

It's not a game IMO, it's an application, like MS Paint

Holy grail of gaming? You are getting way ahead of yourself pal. They are playing this game because they get to be _creative_ in it. Most games are static 1-dimensional experiences, you are basically just playing a linear whatever genre game. A very few set of games are open world 2-dimensional games where you get to play and explore.  An even smaller set of games are open world 3-dimensional games where you get to play, explore, and influence/create.

Just to be clear, by dimensions im not talking about physical 1-2-3 dimensional planes. I'm talking about the three of what I call pillars of gaming experience. 

Clearly you do not understand what this game means to millions of people.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Hynad said:
okr said:

3D Dot Game Heroes was created as an hommage to the 8 Bits era. And the developers created as good looking style that fits well for it. 

Minecraft is just... ugly.

Oh, come on. Why so serious? I'm not interested in playing Minecraft either, but I have to admit it's one of the biggest worldwide game phenomenons ever created, probably the biggest one since Pokemon and The Sims (and like those two it's enjoyed by both genders - which is always a plus in my book). About 2 years ago I watched my nephew playing it on PC for a few hours, he loved it to death and explained every detail to me. I realized that the game is not for me, but when I saw his enthusiasm I understood the game's appeal to a wide audience.