By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Score for Hyrule Warriors - 87%

Good score....this game I really want to play badly! With the extra added elements I can see why this would score higher than your average Dynasty Warriors game.....well that and the fact that it is Zelda helps lol! Can't wait to try this game out!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Did Hyrule Warriors sell less than expected so far in Japan? Wasn t that supposed to be its biggest market or am I wrong in thinking that? Maybe it will get more Zelda fans in the West interested in Muso than it will get Muso fans In Japan interested in Zelda?

ChyChy said:

87/100. Unfortunately its a bad score for a Zelda game. Let us pray other reviews will be kinder :'-(

In November’s issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, staffer Kate Gray gave Koei Temco‘s Zelda / Dynasty Warriors mashup Hyrule Warriors one of its first Western reviews, scoring it an impressive 87 / 100. In her opinion, Koei Temco has breathed new life into what has otherwise become a stale franchise:

“Kintsugi is  the traditional Japanese art of reassembling broken pottery by using resin mixed with gold. The result is that the smashed piece looks the same as before, but with seams of gold running across its surface like scars. It is an art form that celebrates repair and rejoices in creating something new from something old. That is precisely what Koei Temco has done to The Legend of Zelda.”

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/09/official-nintendo-magazine-gives-hyrule-warriors-loving-review/

For the poor souls who didn't notice, sarcasm is in the first sentence of the thread.

87/100 is a bad score?? Must a Zelda game be 90/100 or 100/100?

Edit: Im an idiot

EricFabian said:
OttoniBastos said:

Wait! If Official NINTENDO Magazine gave 87,can we expect 7x scores from other sites?

they also gave 75 for MK8. Curious right?

Seriously? that is surprising.

OttoniBastos said:
EricFabian said:
OttoniBastos said:

Wait! If Official NINTENDO Magazine gave 87,can we expect 7x scores from other sites?

That's because it isn't true.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57852/reviews/mario-kart-8-review-review/?page=5

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
OttoniBastos said:
EricFabian said:
OttoniBastos said:

That's because it isn't true.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57852/reviews/mario-kart-8-review-review/?page=5

Welp...

Surprisingly high score for a Dinasty Warriors game, even if it has Zelda on its name.

Personally, I'll wait until I can listen to users of the game to know "if" or (more likely) "how fast" it becomes repetitive before deciding if I purchase it or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Surprisingly high score for a Dinasty Warriors game, even if it has Zelda on its name.

Personally, I'll wait until I can listen to users of the game to know "if" or (more likely) "how fast" it becomes repetitive before deciding if I purchase it or not.

It's also in your best interest that those users aren't die hard Nintendo fans.  Otherwise you might as well preorder the game right now. 

kupomogli said:
JEMC said:

It's also in your best interest that those users aren't die hard Nintendo fans.  Otherwise you might as well preorder the game right now. 

True indeed.

Neither Nintendo hardcore fans nor Nintendo haters, ofc.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

GTAexpert said:
The score seems too high for what is just a Dynasty Warriors spinoff. From what I've played of the series this game doesn't deserve over a 56 score.

Jesus christ.. we know you hate everything Nintendo/Wii-U... can you please stop trolling everything nintendo, that you haven't been permabanned is a freaking mystery.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints