By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Score for Hyrule Warriors - 87%

Dunban67 said:
Did Hyrule Warriors sell less than expected so far in Japan? Wasn t that supposed to be its biggest market or am I wrong in thinking that? Maybe it will get more Zelda fans in the West interested in Muso than it will get Muso fans In Japan interested in Zelda?

Basically, the way I understand it is that in Japan, the Zelda franchise is not as popular as in the US. On the other hand, the Dynasty Warriors franchise is much more popular in Japan than in the US. The problem is that most people in Japan who are fans of the DW games don't have a Wii U since most of them likely wouldn't be Nintendo fans. Therefore, even though they'd like to get HW, they won't get it because they don't have a Wii U. Nintendo has to hope that people in the US who are Zelda fans get this game despite the fact that it's not really a Zelda game.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
RolStoppable said:
Should be a good game. Certainly a more appealing product than a Dynasty Warriors port would ever be.

Of course it is.  It's based off a Nintendo franchise.

*edit*

You know my opinion.  Nintendo franchises are rated more highly for no other reason than them being Nintendo games. 

That's  crap and you know it. even if they did get some small favoritism it's nothing compared to some 3rd party games get.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

SJReiter said:
Dunban67 said:
Did Hyrule Warriors sell less than expected so far in Japan? Wasn t that supposed to be its biggest market or am I wrong in thinking that? Maybe it will get more Zelda fans in the West interested in Muso than it will get Muso fans In Japan interested in Zelda?

Basically, the way I understand it is that in Japan, the Zelda franchise is not as popular as in the US. On the other hand, the Dynasty Warriors franchise is much more popular in Japan than in the US. The problem is that most people in Japan who are fans of the DW games don't have a Wii U since most of them likely wouldn't be Nintendo fans. Therefore, even though they'd like to get HW, they won't get it because they don't have a Wii U. Nintendo has to hope that people in the US who are Zelda fans get this game despite the fact that it's not really a Zelda game.

Thank you - that makes sense.  Hopefully it will pick up some extra fans from both East and West 

I thought the challenge mode looked really interesting after watching a couple of videos on wiifolderjosh.

TheMagicMax said:

damn, 87 indeed is low.. didn't expect anything less than a 95...
edit. The score of the N-Zone (german magazine) isn't bad either but i'm not gonna spoil it here

Please spoil me ;)

Around the Network

Kupo cracks me up. If only I was able to also crack up at the title, but ConeyG sucked the fun out of that.

I'm honestly a bit surprised it's this high. I was expecting a low 80s metacritic at best.

Guess we'll see.

ganondorf7799 said:
TheMagicMax said:

damn, 87 indeed is low.. didn't expect anything less than a 95...
edit. The score of the N-Zone (german magazine) isn't bad either but i'm not gonna spoil it here

Please spoil me ;)

Just sent you a PM with info ^^

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

Good start even if it's lower then the usual Zelda standard.

fleischr said:
amak11 said:
fleischr said:
Hyrule Warriors. Not the Zelda game we deserve, but the Zelda game we need.

I hope this is sarcasm

We deserve a true, next-gen canonical Zelda game.

But Hyrule Warriors remains a pretty fun game all the same.

Much better explained.