By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash 3DS. 1 Million sold first 2 days. Shipment over 1 Million Retail and sales over 1 Million including digital

Hiku said:
Nintendona said:

Is it me or is this one great news!!But........Is it me or maybe i am a little afraid for the Wii U version might be affected because of the 3DS sales?

Looks like the vast majority of this site at least are not going to skip the Wii U version because of the 3DS version.

And I think this might be the case in general for most people as well.

Yeah but we still don't know what the whole General Public thinks............I'm really worried...........

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Around the Network

Mother of God!

Hiku said:
Nintendona said:

Is it me or is this one great news!!But........Is it me or maybe i am a little afraid for the Wii U version might be affected because of the 3DS sales?

Looks like the vast majority of this site at least are not going to skip the Wii U version because of the 3DS version.

And I think this might be the case in general for most people as well.

Yeah but we still don't know what the whole General Public thinks............I'm really worried...........

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Clyde32 said:

Famitsu tracks some digital. 

Famitsu tracks Download Cards weekly, and digital sales at the end of the month. So, tomorrow, it will be less than 1m, not only because of direct sales from the eshop but also because MC does not track download cards.

Clyde32 said:
Whelp, I just won a bet.

Looks like you don't remember the terms of the bet. This is shipped + digital. We'll see tomorrow what the trackers say.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Game is besting, and so many people were under the assumption that people were just gonna wait for the WiiU version. Now we'll just have to wait until the Wii U version to show that Smash is gonna sell very well on both consoles.

I expected this. This game will = money money and more money for Nintendo!

Lawlight said:
the_dengle said:
So, I think it's time to discuss what qualifies as "growth" for the Smash series this year. I say this because I have no doubt that some jokers in the future will talk about how Smash declined massively from Brawl to 4 by using only Wii U numbers, or only 3DS numbers.

So, in order for the series to experience "growth" from Brawl, what are we looking for? The two versions combined to surpass Brawl? Either version to individually surpass Brawl? The two versions to combine for 1.5 times Brawl sales, or double Brawl sales, or somewhere in between? Or are the jokers right, does each version have to individually outsell Brawl in order for the series to have experienced "growth"?

And you think SSB4 WiiU + 3DS will be greater than SSBB?

It has a chance to be good sir. I think wii u version can do at least 4mil. 3DS could do at least 7mil.  Of course thats what i at least expect. Besides the game is okay for it to do less if it does. Not every installment can increase unfortunately. Super Smash will be a huge success. Its one of the biggest exclusive ips in gaming. The 3ds version will probably be amoung the top 20 exclusive games this gen followed by Gran Turismo Halo Pokemon and more.

outlawauron said:
Clyde32 said:
Whelp, I just won a bet.

Looks like you don't remember the terms of the bet. This is shipped + digital. We'll see tomorrow what the trackers say.

Oh lord. The game sold over one million friend. This article reports two things and the first being it sold over a million which includes digital sales. The other saying retailers were shipped a million as well. Its no mistake. But i read the bet and if you exclude digital you would technically win. Personally you guys should call it off. Its not fair if he loss because trackers say 850k-950k which is probably due to shipment problems and that caused higher than normal digital. Reports say many stores are/were/still are sold out. COMG didnt get a shipment at all, Amazon Japan has been sold out day 1 and is going to get next shipment on 22nd :'-(

NOICE

nice