By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash 3DS. 1 Million sold first 2 days. Shipment over 1 Million Retail and sales over 1 Million including digital

That's more than PlayStation All-Stars will sell. Ever.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

So, I think it's time to discuss what qualifies as "growth" for the Smash series this year. I say this because I have no doubt that some jokers in the future will talk about how Smash declined massively from Brawl to 4 by using only Wii U numbers, or only 3DS numbers.

So, in order for the series to experience "growth" from Brawl, what are we looking for? The two versions combined to surpass Brawl? Either version to individually surpass Brawl? The two versions to combine for 1.5 times Brawl sales, or double Brawl sales, or somewhere in between? Or are the jokers right, does each version have to individually outsell Brawl in order for the series to have experienced "growth"?

the_dengle said:
So, I think it's time to discuss what qualifies as "growth" for the Smash series this year. I say this because I have no doubt that some jokers in the future will talk about how Smash declined massively from Brawl to 4 by using only Wii U numbers, or only 3DS numbers.

So, in order for the series to experience "growth" from Brawl, what are we looking for? The two versions combined to surpass Brawl? Either version to individually surpass Brawl? The two versions to combine for 1.5 times Brawl sales, or double Brawl sales, or somewhere in between? Or are the jokers right, does each version have to individually outsell Brawl in order for the series to have experienced "growth"?

And you think SSB4 WiiU + 3DS will be greater than SSBB?

Nice job!
I hope Smash Bros. U comes anywhere close to that. :S

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Wow, that's higher than what I expected.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

impressive... I wonder what October 3rd will be like... it will also be interesting to see how the Wii U does with this also.

Looks like Smash will do about 2 mil here. I was a great move to release 2 versions. I originally though that it was a waste of time but it really makes sense. I will be getting the Wii U version only though. I'm not killing my circle pad.

Is it me or is this one great news!!But........Is it me or maybe i am a little afraid for the Wii U version might be affected because of the 3DS sales?

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Yeah but we still don't know what the whole General Public thinks............I'm really worried...........

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

ChyChy said:
aikohualda said:
I wonder how much HW will SSB push.... anyone?

Not alot young one. New 3ds announcement will keep sales much lower than it would of been. So it should increase but not by much. 35k is my honest guess.

young one?

3ds in japan is consistently doing 30k+ weekly

even with the new announcement i doubt it would just be 35k.....