By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash 3DS. 1 Million sold first 2 days. Shipment over 1 Million Retail and sales over 1 Million including digital

NintendoPie said:

It should be combined as that's how it's done with other multi-plats. 

However, it'll matter little as it doesn't have a chance of overcoming SSBB.

Well, it's not a typical multiplat. They are different games. They're just not separate iterations of the franchise... it's weird. Anyway, this is not limited simply to all-time global sales discussions, so whether or not they outsell Brawl doesn't really matter. For instance, suppose we isolate Japan. It looks very possible for Smash 4 to outsell Brawl there. The metric for success in Japan then should be the same as the metric for success in every other region, and globally.

As for whether or not Smash 3DS and Wii U can combine to beat Brawl, I believe that is up to Nintendo. Both of these games will have great legs if Nintendo continues to support the platforms for another 2-3 years.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Well, it's not a typical multiplat. They are different games. They're just not separate iterations of the franchise... it's weird. Anyway, this is not limited simply to all-time global sales discussions, so whether or not they outsell Brawl doesn't really matter. For instance, suppose we isolate Japan. It looks very possible for Smash 4 to outsell Brawl there. The metric for success in Japan then should be the same as the metric for success in every other region, and globally.

As for whether or not Smash 3DS and Wii U can combine to beat Brawl, I believe that is up to Nintendo. Both of these games will have great legs if Nintendo continues to support the platforms for another 2-3 years.

Multi-plats that are also released on handhelds a lot of the time change their gameplay and obviously graphics due to the limitations of handheld HW. I would consider this game a First-party multi-plat as that's pretty much what Nintendo did with the 3DS version.

NintendoPie said:
the_dengle said:

Well, it's not a typical multiplat. They are different games. They're just not separate iterations of the franchise... it's weird.

Multi-plats that are also released on handhelds a lot of the time change their gameplay and obviously graphics due to the limitations of handheld HW. I would consider this game a First-party multi-plat as that's pretty much what Nintendo did with the 3DS version.

I suppose that's fair, the LEGO series for instance has a long history of significant differences between the console and handheld versions of the same games. In the case of Smash, the differences have more to do with exclusive content (stages, game modes, extras) than with gameplay.

bubblegamer said:
Clyde32 said:
bubblegamer said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
That's more than PlayStation All-Stars will sell. Ever.

Any relevance to the topic? "The Sony girl"

Yeah...actually it is relevant.

Can you explain how so?

Jesus can someone say something about a Sony game without it being an issue like damning damn man. Clearly she's a Sony fan either way, as you put in quotations to apparently put into question for whatever reason.

Plus both games are clearly in the same genre, hence, the relevancy. It's like asking why comparing the sales to Brawl is relevant.

I think this is pretty great. I know that it wont affect Wii U sales because the fanbase will either double dip or get the Wii U version only. I doubt /too/ many people decided to not get the Wii U version because the 3DS version exists, except people who cant afford both this year or to buy a Wii U at all like me.